Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

OT - Suicide Squeeze (Missing person)

It seems like a month ago when Steve (Suicide Squeeze) gave us a glimpse into his truly Hall of Fame collection. The response was great as it should be to see just a small sliver of Steve's collection.

Unceremoniously Steve has disappeared from the site. Not sure by his choice or by a banishment from the GUU kingdom.

Some like Rudy (Kingjammny) and Joel (Trsent) aren't seen for a while and then come back from time to time, and Bob (SkyKing) left with his departure notice and now seems to be posting a little bit again.

I would like to see Steve back on here for what he adds in a positive note and hope with a New Year there is a new beginning. I know there has been some members who have had some major spats with Steve in the past and hoping those members would still want Steve back too .....

Just wondering what you all think in a nice constructive way if Steve should stay missing or do you want him back!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Re: OT - Suicide Squeeze (Missing person)

I just clicked on member's postings, and the last post from Suicide Squeeze was Nov 30th as well as Kingjammy's was also Nov 30th.......both are from California.....coincidence????? LOL. Yes, a coincidence.

Joel actually posted the beginning of December and Bob posted a few this past week.

I did see Steve's last posting was on the Amish wood thread where he had some nasty exchanges with EarlyWynn (Ken).
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

Steve,

Come back buddy. Your posts are missed. I feel great after a 2+ month break. You are missed. You are one of the few on here who gets me to laugh at all of the half wits. I love your take on things. I realized that we all have opinions and most of us aren't going to change. I guess we just need to accept that and try and move on. I know I've flipped off the handle before and should listen to my own advise on letting it roll off my back. Hope to see you back on for what you contribute. Cheers.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Some like Rudy (Kingjammny) and Joel (Trsent) aren't seen for a while and then come back from time to time, and Bob (SkyKing) left with his departure notice and now seems to be posting a little bit again.
    Suicide can come off as being abrasive and rub some of us the wrong way, but when you read his posts that are informative rather than condescending, you realize that he has a significant amount of knowledge that he can offer. When he posted some of his bats, I was truly impressed and made sure he knew it. Thanks again for sharing those gems, Steve! So yes, I hope he shows up again as he is knowledgeable and certainly entertaining! I've often used some of Rudy's posts to clarify tagging concerns I've had. Another valuable resource he is. Also, Joel has added to my Rickey Henderson collection quite nicely. Lastly why skyking would insist he is through with this forum, never to return, only to see his posts popping up again soon after is apocryphal. Most forum members, myself included navigate directly to the threads and their posters that interest them rather than others. Some of the members Mr. Lang sites here are very knowledgeable and astute, including himself. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    Suicide can come off as being abrasive and rub some of us the wrong way, but when you read his posts that are informative rather than condescending, you realize that he has a significant amount of knowledge that he can offer. When he posted some of his bats, I was truly impressed and made sure he knew it. Thanks again for sharing those gems, Steve! So yes, I hope he shows up again as he is knowledgeable and certainly entertaining! I've often used some of Rudy's posts to clarify tagging concerns I've had. Another valuable resource he is. Also, Joel has added to my Rickey Henderson collection quite nicely. Lastly why skyking would insist he is through with this forum, never to return, only to see his posts popping up again soon after is apocryphal. Most forum members, myself included navigate directly to the threads and their posters that interest them rather than others. Some of the members Mr. Lang sites here are very knowledgeable and astute, including himself. Thanks.
    Brief note here...Danny, I post on occasion for friends like Suicide or Andrew Lang in this instance. I NO LONGER blog about anything here or respond to it. Your comments a main reason for that... I do use the wanted's and coll-coll and remain in touch with many. I'm not going to live in fear of my post offending a mod and getting my hands slapped or going on daily to see someone calling me out for a fight. My health problems contine, now off work 19 mths, and they are more important than this board. However, when a friend like Andrew calls out for some support of a friend like Suicide - all I can say is if he is banned, please ban me to keep me off her permanently...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Brief note here...Danny, I post on occasion for friends like Suicide or Andrew Lang in this instance.
    Thanks Bob! Your daily insight is missed!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Hi Guys,

I have exchanged emails over the past few weeks with suicide_squeeze, and he revealed to me that he has been banned. While I understand why the moderators took the action they did, I think that a permanent ban is excessive. The forum seems to breed attacks and nasty exchanges, and it's unfair to punish one person for the behavior of several members.

When Andrew Lang referenced forum quarrels with Steve, I was immediately reminded of his ad hominem attacks against me in the Len Bias and LVS threads. After several heated exchanges, and time and distance between them, suicide_squeeze had the heart to apologize. And he is now kind enough to help me with my collection.

Through all the personal attacks visited on me, no another member has had the heart to apologize. Steve is sincerely remorseful, and I have forgiven him for his actions toward me, which were a key reason why he lost posting privileges. For his sincerity, I believe that suicide_squeeze should have another chance to contribute constructively on GUU.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Haven't been on here long but its a shame that he has been banned. I enjoyed seeing the few bats he showed and I am still wiping drool off the computer keyboard to this day .

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have exchanged emails over the past few weeks with suicide_squeeze, and he revealed to me that he has been banned. While I understand why the moderators took the action they did, I think that a permanent ban is excessive. The forum seems to breed attacks and nasty exchanges, and it's unfair to punish one person for the behavior of several members.

When Andrew Lang referenced forum quarrels with Steve, I was immediately reminded of his ad hominem attacks against me in the Len Bias and LVS threads. After several heated exchanges, and time and distance between them, suicide_squeeze had the heart to apologize. And he is now kind enough to help me with my collection.

Through all the personal attacks visited on me, no another member has had the heart to apologize. Steve is sincerely remorseful, and I have forgiven him for his actions toward me, which were a key reason why he lost posting privileges. For his sincerity, I believe that suicide_squeeze should have another chance to contribute constructively on GUU.

-Frik
    It doesn't say BANNED next to his name so maybe his IP address has been blocked.

In any event, it is a shame to get personally attacked as between adults it shouldn't happen but if it does, nice to hear you received an apology.

Opinions on here get strong some of the time, and often times these threads have gone on way too long.

Go back for a stroll into yester-year of when the "Forum" was first started by Eric. He was involved daily. He started posts. He contributed to posts. He ended posts. He locked them quickly when it got too far off topic. Here is a random page from 2005: http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/ I think everyone needs to be an adult and take responsibilities for their posts but my point is the Mods have to take ownership and Mods have to Moderate. That thread about the Lousiville lawsuit got out of hand as so many have. What it does is turn people away due to the negativity and worthless dribble.

I have received over a dozen emails on this offline and this is an excerpt from a member who stopped posting:

the Forum topics are so far off the original concept. When a post seeking a photo match of a shin guard receives 30 replies and a post about Wilson tagging receives 1, it clearly demonstrates how far off track the Forum has come and the lack of knowledgeable collectors/dealers frequenting the site.

So when you lose one of the most knowledgeable collectors like Suicide Squeeze and dozens of others that rarely come here, the quality suffers.

Again, I don't condone some of the negative stuff that goes on, but I also believe more oversight is necessary so it doesn't go 3 pages and 2 days before a thread is locked. Just my 2 cents!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Hi Guys,

-Frik
    Frik:

I consider myself a pretty bright guy, but even I had to look up the definition of term "ad hominen."

I don't think it was just the attacks against you. His verbal/posted assault on Ken (Early_Wynn) was un-called for and went well beyond the boundry of good taste IMO...

Bill