Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
Again, you have some gray area... a line needs to be drawn somewhere. Suppose I am in the market for a 1980s Mets jersey, because I want that kind of jersey to add to my collection. I am thinking about bidding on the Davey Johnson jersey that's in the current GUU auction, but with 1 day to go, along comes a same era Bud Harrelson jersey on the for sale board at $100 cheaper. I decide that I want the Bud Harrelson instead... I buy a jersey that meets my buying want. The GUU auction consigner loses on a potential bidder. My point is that not everyone has the same collecting needs, and to allow some items to be listed on a for sale board and disallow others will directly hurt some auction sellers. I don't have a problem letting this board go during the duration of the auction. It's really the only way we can fairly level the playing field, and it's not that we haven't been forewarned with plenty of notice...

That harrelson jersey will be put for sale somewhere else(eBay?) and you may end up spending your $ there. I would post items here before listing on eBay- now it goes straight to eBay w/o putting it out to board members 1st. I enjoyed the For Sale section, not only to enhance my collection, but also to see what else is out there. Also of note- after last auction there was not going to be a "For Sale" section. There was supposed to be a big change and a newly formatted system to sell items on the site. Members asked for the FS section and it was put back with the thought that the new system would be out shortly. Mods said that the change would be made in Dec(I think). Whatever happened to that???
kelly