Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Best items/highlights of 2011 for you?

I recall about a year ago the thread came up of 2011 collecting goals. I pretty much ran them all down. 2011, has been the best year in collecting for me by far. Thanks to Korey for all his continued help in 2011. Got to run down a lot of premeire items. Highlights of items that I acquired were the following:

RAYS items

- finally ran down a Dan Johnson Rays game used jersey, worn on opening day. Amazing that he had the best moment of the 2011 MLb season. That homrun he hit on 9/28/11 was and will likely be the most memorable moment I will have as a sports fan

-Jake McGee game used fielding glove

-Eric Hinske home white Rays Jackie Robinson Day mlb authenticated 2008 jersey

-Spectacular Brad Hawpe shirt off the back 2010 jersey

-finally ran down a light blue Rays gmae used jersey after a long hunt. Casey Kotchman and Jake McGee, beautiful jerseys, wish the team wore them mor eoften

-MLB authenticated game used hit baseball of Matt Joyce from the 9th inning of the 2011 ASG, ASG logo still looks perfect. Only 32 baseballs per year get authenticated at the ASG, as opposed to over 200 in the WS. Maybe 3-7 balls per year are even authenticated at hit balls, let alone from a guy on your favorite team.

-JP Howell game used 2008 world series baseball. Used in the 9th inning when he hit Eric Bruntlett in the leg, putting the wining run on base.

-2008 ALCS game 7 2nd base, the very base akinori iwamura stepped on in the 9th to get the final out to send TB to their 1st world series. Amazing item, that could legitimately be in the HOF.

-Eric Hinske's clinching world series game used locker nameplate from 2007 (BOS game 4 in col) and 2009 (NYY game 6 vs. philly), got them both framed. VERY rare for me to get GU items outside from my team, but get chance to run down 2 major items from my favorite player.

-----------------------------------------

Buccaneers

Awesome 2006 Greg Spires game used revolution helmet

got #33 Elbert MAck's gloves from vikigns game in September from him after the game, he recovered a suprise onside kick with those glove, also got Sean Jones' from the same game and he got a sack on McNabb

getting Josh Freeman's hat at Bucs vs. PAckers in November

---

Lastly, I put over 1,000 locker nameplates on the market and to collectors at very reasonable prices, 55 of them were from all star games in 05,06 and 07. Thanks to all who purcashed, as all of that helped me run down funds needed to add to my collection.

As for 2012, hoping once again to get a 1996 orange wilson tampa bay Buccaneers game used jersey and saving up to get a stellar 1990 Bucs game used helmet, that I photo matched when watching a Bucs vs. Bears game from 1990 backwards and in slow motion (it was a rainy day that day).

Took a lot off my long time want list this year. Hoping to get to the point of small maintence on the colelction and only having to get a handful of items each year.

What was good for you this year in terms of collecting?

Re: Best items/highlights of 2011 for you?

My Ndamukong Suh game used Cornhuskers helmet has to be the highlight of my 2011 collecting year.

Second on the list would be a 3 way tie between my Devin Mesoraco fielding glove, jersey and skull cap from his MLB debut season.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Below were my stated goals getting into the year:

Baseball
    I would like to make a dent in my 1995 and 1997 Indians Team bat collection. Right now that means tracking down a good Manny Ramirez Indians bat (or two), Omar Vizquel, Kenny Lofton among others. I am always looking to add interesting Indians items, especially postseason items.

Football
    Try to track down some good Browns jerseys from some of my favorite players from the 80's/early 90's as well as jerseys for Reggie Brooks, Chris Zorich and/or Rocket Ismail.

Overall
    I would really like to overhaul my display and replace framed jerseys with cases that I could rotate jerseys in and out of as well as get some new items up on the walls.

Overall I did well in my baseball goals adding several Indians bats getting me closer to my complete run of the 1995 and 1997 Indians. Added some really cool items including several Sabathia jerseys (Brewers and Yankees), a pretty complete run of Victor Martinez Tigers items (including the ALCS HR jersey) and some others here and there. I was also able to sell of another chunk of items. As far as football I added several Notre Dame jerseys including a photomatched Zorich Bears jerseys and a photomatched Zbikowski Ravens jersey and I was able to reorganize my display with the cases instead of framed jerseys. I am thankful I was able to accomplish many of the goals I set earlier this year. Time to start thinking about 2012!

This year was good to me in a few ways.
    1 in last 2 months i have gone from 100 % cards to selling off much of my NON dolphins PC to getting into full gammers.

Since i started in June (very slowly)
    I have gotten
    Oronde Gadsden 1995 game issued jersey
    Greg Camarillo 2009 Game worn jersey
    Keith Byars 1995 Game worn jersey
    pair of dolphins lineman glove (i htink i know the player but doing more research)

i know its only 4 items but hey we all gotta start somewhere and dont always have the cash for the stuff i want.

My goals for 2012
    Dolphins game worn cleats.
    About 3-5 more dolphins game used jerseys
    at least 5 more pairs of gloves.

who knows maybe i will get lucky.

Baseball: 1942 Pirates flannel
    Football: 1974 Notre Dame Ross Browner cotton tearaway-type with crotch piece
    Hockey: 1968 Pens durene in transit (hopefully!)
    Basketball: lime green Notre Dame jersey from infamous Syracuse game in 1991

The highlight of my year and also my collection would be my 2011 game used Joey Votto Cincinnati Reds Home Jersey & Pants (MLB authenticated). I was able to knock off the top item on my wantlist this year!

Other notables:

1. 2011 Joey Votto May 13th Walk Off Hit Bat
    2. 1957 Ed Bailey All Star Game used Bat
    3. Late 70's Ken Griffey Game used Bat
    4. 2009 Jim Thome Dodgers Game Used jersey
    5. Numerous Josh Willingham items for my collection
    6. Pants to match my Votto & other Reds jerseys (style & year matched)
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

#1. Josh Hamilton game used bat from 2010 World Series Game 2, 6th Inning. He also signed it for my boys.

#2 Josh Hamilton game used bat (black marucci) from his 2nd ever Walkoff Homerun (July 9, 2011). Broken in the 1st inning on July 10.

------------------------------------------------
    Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10

Well, 2011 was the year I got into this hobby, and I'm pretty happy with a few finds in particular.

- Game Used Baseball from 9/8/2004 Mariners-Indians Game (Jeremy Reed's Major League Debut)
    - Ryan Rowland-Smith Game Used Mariners Stars and Stripes Cap from 9/11/2010
    - 2009 Justin Thomas Game Issued Mariners Jersey

I also want to thank jake33 for the numerous nameplates I was able to purchase from him!

I'm torn on my top two because not only are they my best of the year, but probably best ever.

1. Derrick Rose Memphis Tigers game worn jersey
    2. Peyton Manning game worn, signed hat from the Titans/Colts game this year in Nashville

Now obviously a jersey usually trumps a hat, however with the story being written that I was featured in (and, yes, misquoted because the word "gosh" has NEVER come out of my mouth other than reading from the paper) - here's the link http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...laying-a-down/ - but the fact that I got it personally FROM Peyton makes it that much cooler to me.

And of course, a couple of my other "bests" from 2011

Steve McNair 2004 signed, game worn jersey
    Derrick Mason signed, game worn 1998 Tennessee Oilers jersey with over 10 repairs and tons of hit marks etc. Used enough by a special teamer at the time that it very well could have been his jersey for the whole season.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Banned

Highlights:

Adrian Petersen 3 td game used jersey
    Ray Lewis game used jersey from a game vs. Steelers
    Darrelle Revis game used jersey
    Randy Moss Vikings 3 td game used jersey
    Tim Duncan game used jersey from playoff game vs. Grizzles
    Von Miller's NFL Debut orange Broncos jersey
    DeMarcus Ware game used throwback jersey
    Larry Fitzgerald game used jersey from NFL Auctions

May 2012 top 2011