Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Gernay, Oldridge, Horne Plead Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    No, nobody has any access to any of the names in the GUU database.

This thread, like its predecessors, is beginning to serve no purpose but for people to try to create conspiracy theories regarding things that do not exist.

This is the last time I will make this statement, if this thread is not used to try to serve as something beneficial to the hobby it will be closed.

-Chris
    Mr. Cavalier, thank you for the response. You say no access to the names in the database, do they have the email addresses? Based on 34swtns concrete factual information, there must be a way he has crosschecked your GUU database.

As the owner of this site, if this doesn't trouble you, I will drop my concerns. I am the type that "opts out" and is on the DoNotCall lists for privacy purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsGeaux View Post
    Mr. Cavalier, thank you for the response. You say no access to the names in the database, do they have the email addresses? Based on 34swtns concrete factual information, there must be a way he has crosschecked your GUU database.

As the owner of this site, if this doesn't trouble you, I will drop my concerns. I am the type that "opts out" and is on the DoNotCall lists for privacy purposes.
    No, no one has access to the email addresses either.

I do not know about 34swtns' claims about knowing facts but I can tell you he doesn't have any information coming from GUU. I am guessing he may know some of the posters directly as the basis for his claims. However, I can assure you he has no information from us.

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    No, no one has access to the email addresses either.

I do not know about 34swtns' claims about knowing facts but I can tell you he doesn't have any information coming from GUU. I am guessing he may know some of the posters directly as the basis for his claims. However, I can assure you he has no information from us.

-Chris
    Your honesty and transparency on this matter is appreciated. I've purchased from JO and clearly others have and unfortunately have to agree with David in Post #78 including how I now perceive my own collection.

I come to praise Chris C, not to bury him. I have been on this forum for many years, and have learned a HUGE amount from it.

Someone posted a while ago that

"No one gets up in the morning trying to figure out a way to better the hobby. Everyone just wants to better their collection."

Actually, one guy did do that when Chris took on the responsibility to run this forum. Now maybe I am missing something, but I have never paid much money to be on this forum, and I don't think that many of you have paid much money to be on here. I do not think he is making a ton of money off this forum or is engaging in some suspicious partnering with companies like JO Sports. I respect him for trying to create an actual business in various ways without losing integrity.

So why do folks jump on him as if he is a media mogul power broker like Rupert Murdoch every time something interesting happens, looking for a diabolical plot, retribution or vindication. The guy is giving us all a place we can discuss the hobby we love FOR FREE if we want. If he decides it is time to ban someone, he has every right, and the opposite is also true.

To me, the whole point of the forum is that we all know how murky all this hobby is, and this is a place to sort out the good from the bad together and learn. Let's get back to that and thank Chris for what he has done for the hobby.

And no, I am not Chris's friend, business associate or anything else. Just a member like you.

Matt Miller

TIFWIW ... I was told by a associate from JO sports that there will be a new company that is buying out JO and part of the agreement is that all merchandise must be certified directly from the team.

Names will be kept private, just passing along info

Quote Originally Posted by masp3392 View Post
    TIFWIW ... I was told by a associate from JO sports that there will be a new company that is buying out JO and part of the agreement is that all merchandise must be certified directly from the team.

Names will be kept private, just passing along info
    Interesting development, if true.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Would I purchase anything else FROM JO? NOPE, unless I could document/photomatch/etc and the price was right b/c a JO COA now carries the same stigma and "worth" as a Lou Lampson letter (and we KNOW how highly regarded HE is)
    In all fairness, Lampson offers a "letter of opinion" and has never been charged with a federal case. I don't know of any questions that Lampson has personally altered a piece or added wear. I think it is truly unfair to group Lou Lampson along with some admitted felons.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    In all fairness, Lampson offers a "letter of opinion" and has never been charged with a federal case. I don't know of any questions that Lampson has personally altered a piece or added wear. I think it is truly unfair to group Lou Lampson along with some admitted felons.
    You're correct. Lou's LOA is more valuable than JO's. That really makes my point. Who would have ever thought. Thanks!

Banned

I'm just glad that the FBI is standing up for us and busting the guys doing our hobby wrong. THANK YOU!!

I also want to say that I'm glad to see that Chris has made sure that none of these guys will be able to be members or be able to post on here anymore.

Just remember to do your home work before you buy any item. You just never know.

Interesting note in the Cardboard Connection's coverage of the story

"When the story first broke, Brian Gray, owner of Leaf, left a comment on the Cardboard Connection's Facebook page saying that he had never bought from any of the men charged."

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/n...ts-memorabilia

Can be found here
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...