Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Please post your 1989 Royals game used jerseys

PUIG66

Your comments are pretty silly. Plain and simple. Maybe it would've been smarter to ask how his chain of authentication works rather than come on here with your rant and baseless accusations. All one has to do is thumb through 1 single catalog and see that everything in the auction has proper documentation.

Think before you act is probably a motto you should adopt.

Feel free to register. I will chalk it off as an example of shooting first and asking questions later. You will learn the reason I started this business was because I had purchased millions of $ as well as consigned millions of $ to the well established auction houses of the era (without naming names) and wanted to start a business that treated collectors and a consignors the way I would have liked to have been treated during that time.

I will end it here, good luck in the future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    PUIG66

Your comments are pretty silly. Plain and simple. Maybe it would've been smarter to ask how his chain of authentication works rather than come on here with your rant and baseless accusations. All one has to do is thumb through 1 single catalog and see that everything in the auction has proper documentation.

Think before you act is probably a motto you should adopt.
    sportsnbikes,

I always wonder about guys who post that hide behind names other than their own.

I do my best to improve the environment of the hobby I follow. I don't see any massive harm in sharing an observation I made. I also was man enough to apologize to Ken for my oversight into his companies practices. As I said, it's refreshing to see someone doing it right in a hobby with so much wrong.

But the more you types come out and bark at me, the more I wonder just how far off base I was. Are you a personal friend showing support? What "good" was there in your comment? Did you add anything to the discussion in posting what you did?

I just read Ken's thread about asking for part-time writers for items that will be auctioned off. I'm going to refrain from commenting on that. I don't need to be attacked again.

I really want to thank you for regurgitating exactly what has already been said here. Silly as it was to do so.

Bram

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Please post your 1989 Royals game used jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    no Velcro on the SB jerseys
    ANY of them, BO or anyone else
    that , of course, could have been added after.
    Dave, do all the 'game' jerseys' have the 'do not us in automatice dryer' line, I notice the SB do not have that line. None of them from what I have seen on the ones I own personally
    In 1989, the standard Rawlings tag had five lines of laundering instructions, including the line you refer to. I have seen exactly three GU 1989 jerseys with the 1990 tag, all of which were commons and midseason callus.

That tag, however, is the norm for the 1990-91 seasons.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    In 1989, the standard Rawlings tag had five lines of laundering instructions, including the line you refer to. I have seen exactly three GU 1989 jerseys with the 1990 tag, all of which were commons and midseason callus.

That tag, however, is the norm for the 1990-91 seasons.

Dave M.
    And that is the incredible kind of detailed knowledge that exists on this forum and why I love coming here... always learning something new. Thanks for sharing that information!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Puig66 View Post
    sportsnbikes,

I always wonder about guys who post that hide behind names other than their own.

I do my best to improve the environment of the hobby I follow. I don't see any massive harm in sharing an observation I made. I also was man enough to apologize to Ken for my oversight into his companies practices. As I said, it's refreshing to see someone doing it right in a hobby with so much wrong.

But the more you types come out and bark at me, the more I wonder just how far off base I was. Are you a personal friend showing support? What "good" was there in your comment? Did you add anything to the discussion in posting what you did?

I just read Ken's thread about asking for part-time writers for items that will be auctioned off. I'm going to refrain from commenting on that. I don't need to be attacked again.

I really want to thank you for regurgitating exactly what has already been said here. Silly as it was to do so.

Bram
    So your last name is PUIG66? Not sure I understand what you mean but there's no one hiding here. Jeff Huerter. @HurtmanJeff on Twitter.

Commendable to apologize but had you thought beforehand no apology would've been necessary. And then you use the word but...so how sincere was your apology now that you are having doubts again.

I've never met Ken Goldin and if he were standing next to me right now I wouldn't know it. I know that he is respected in this hobby and it doesn't take a genius to know that; just a little research would tell you.

Good luck to you Puig or Bram or whatever your name is.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    So your last name is PUIG66? Not sure I understand what you mean but there's no one hiding here. Jeff Huerter. @HurtmanJeff on Twitter.

Commendable to apologize but had you thought beforehand no apology would've been necessary. And then you use the word but...so how sincere was your apology now that you are having doubts again.

I've never met Ken Goldin and if he were standing next to me right now I wouldn't know it. I know that he is respected in this hobby and it doesn't take a genius to know that; just a little research would tell you.

Good luck to you Puig or Bram or whatever your name is.
    Well he did post his name at the end of an earlier post to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Well he did post his name at the end of an earlier post to be fair
    I am not sure if you were trying to be funny but to me, this is funny.