Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mariners 2014 team issue bats

Went t o the 1st day of mariners fanfest today and picked up 3 interesting bats all team issued the employee there said they had found a ton of old bats in the clubhouse and were selling them.

The 1st one was a michael morse bat. They had about 10 different morse bats from his early time with the nationals to the end of his time with the mariners. i picked up a chandler bat. All of the bats were his model either chandler or louisville sluggers with his signature pine tar job. But they were all broken in the same place and they were broken like he had just smashed them against the ground.

The second bat was a Paul Sorrento bat with good use, medium pine tar and a spiderweb tape job. seems like a normal Sorrento bat but it is also signed approximately 12 times the signatures are all in silver sharpie but none are really good signatures, it kind of looks like he was practicing his autograph. The bat is uncracked.

the 3rd one is an edgar martinez Rawlings bat with light use a couple of very light ball marks with medium pine tar. They had about 16 different edgar bats there all with very light use (the one i got was the most used) all seemed like his signature models(louisville slugger ((about 4-5)), Rawlings((about 10)), and D-bats ((only 2))). They were all uncracked.

All of the bats had MLB authentication stickers but are not in the system yet.

Did anyone else see these or has anyone seen anything like it? please let me know thanks. I could also use some help photomatching them.

I will get photos up soon

Thanks,

Cole

Re: mariners 2014 team issue bats

The Edgar's had Mlb stickers on them?

here are the pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    The Edgar's had Mlb stickers on them?
    yea they said they just found the bats a couple days ago so they authenticated them as team issued

Ah I gotcha. Well the Edgar looks pretty good to me.

Wow nice finds. I'm a big mariners fan did they have any brad miller or nick franklin items on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy0534 View Post
    Wow nice finds. I'm a big mariners fan did they have any brad miller or nick franklin items on sale?
    no bats of them but i believe they had a couple of jerseys and they had about 50 helmets and i didnt really look through all of them but there might have been a miller or a franklin.

Just curious what would a jersey run their?

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy0534 View Post
    Just curious what would a jersey run their?
    team issued jerseys about 250

game used jerseys about 350-400 regular price

they run sales where all memorabilia is 30-50% off for promotions like during Christmas, fanfest, opening day ect. so those are the best times to get anything.

By any chance did they have any Alex Liddi bats or helmets at all?

Thanks