Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: June 2017 Pickups

Nice! Congrats OleGreg

Quote Originally Posted by olegreg View Post
    Added this to my collection not too long ago, Tommy Casanova's game used LSU helmet. Vintage LSU game used items, especially one of a significant player, are extremely difficult to find. It took me three months to acquire it. It was sitting on the shelf in a small restaurant in a small town. I frequented it and talked to the owners enough about it which eventually lead to me acquiring it from them. It was once owned by LSU's Heisman Trophy Winner Billy Cannon who had acquired it decades ago either from the LSU athletic dept while Casanova was playing at LSU, or from Casanova himself while he was playing at LSU. Cannon gave it to the restaurant owners as he had been to their restaurant and became friends with the owners and wanted them to have it on display with their other memorabilia.

It is sadly missing its face mask, which I have decided not to replace with a replica. The helmets rarity though makes this an afterthought. The padding has become detached as the glue had dried up, however it is present with the helmet and I would like to have it professionally reattached. Any help with who is reputable would be appreciated.

After I acquired it, I set out on a quest to attempt to photo-match it, however I knew my chances would be slim as the videos of games are not of good quality, and there are only so many photos to be found. I started searching the internet in every conceivable location, and then began looking through my collection of programs, media guides and wire photos. Then I found my helmet in an article about the equipment staff's preparation for away games in a 1971 LSU vs Florida program. It is a perfect match. I honestly couldn't believe that I was able to photo match it.

Another addition to my MLB flannel collection - 1969 New York Yankees game used road jersey - Mike Kekich.

The number has been changed from 18 to 62 for minor league use.

It's also missing the 100 Year MLB Anniversary Patch - so if anybody has an extra patch that you wouldn't mind parting with, please shoot me an email as I would love to have this jersey restored to it's original state.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Quote Originally Posted by GoCrazyFolks76 View Post
    Another addition to my MLB flannel collection - 1969 New York Yankees game used road jersey - Mike Kekich.

The number has been changed from 18 to 62 for minor league use.

It's also missing the 100 Year MLB Anniversary Patch - so if anybody has an extra patch that you wouldn't mind parting with, please shoot me an email as I would love to have this jersey restored to it's original state.
    Of course Mike Kekich is most famous for swapping wives with fellow mlb player Fritz Peterson. Looks like u need to find a Peterson jersey

That Yankees jersey will look sweet with the MLB patch. Love those old style jersey's.

Wow! Great Ichiro bat Nick!! One of the best I have seen. Congrats on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Picked up my first Ichiro bat. Numerous photo matches on Getty, Ichiro used this bat from 5/15/13-5/25/13 for career hits #2,636-2,641. MLB certified as broken on base hit against Matt Moore.
    I am excited to find a bat definitively used by Ichiro during the regular season which can be pinpointed to a handful of hits. It was also nice to find an Ichiro with heavy use/ballmarks. If there are any Ichiro experts out there, I would love to hear more about his habits for cleaning his bats and/or rotating them out of play.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by davetiki View Post
    Wow! Great Ichiro bat Nick!! One of the best I have seen. Congrats on that one.
    Thanks buddy.

Banned

Talking Re: June 2017 Pickups

I picked up a slightly craked LS late 1990s Tigers bat of Tony Clark. He gave me one in the early 2000s while with the Mets, but this being a Tigers stick (and marked as such) made it appealing to me.

Dave Miedema

Smile Re: June 2017 Pickups

2011 Arian Foster game used Texans jersey. It was a gift to former teammate Derrick Ward. I photomatched it to the 12-22-11 game vs. Indy, where Foster had 158 yards and a score. Oddly the jersey was originally tagged for 2008. Maybe since it was the final game of the season, they ran out and grabbed one from the archives. Also picked up some game used jerseys, helmets and game balls from Ward's days with the Giants.

Banned

Talking Re: June 2017 Pickups

I got on the board with baseballs Friday night during White Sox/A's pregame. I snared 2, one a former game ball that was quite beat upu, and the other a near mint pearl. It was only my 2nd game of 2017, and the running total is now 1713.

Dave Miedema

Just picked this up. Not game used, but a nice piece that I wanted to share with you guys. 1951 Hall of Fame induction brown bat.