Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Albert Pujols to the Angels

Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

"Do I want to be in St.Louis forever? Of course. People from other teams want to play

in St. Louis, and they're jealous that we're in St. Louis

because the fans are unbelievable. So why would you want to

leave a place like St. Louis to go somewhere else and make $3

million or $4 more million a year? It's not about the money. I

already got my money. It's about winning, and that's it."

-albert pujols 2009

Quote Originally Posted by 70to66 View Post
    "Do I want to be in St.Louis forever? Of course. People from other teams want to play

in St. Louis, and they're jealous that we're in St. Louis

because the fans are unbelievable. So why would you want to

leave a place like St. Louis to go somewhere else and make $3

million or $4 more million a year? It's not about the money. I

already got my money. It's about winning, and that's it."

-albert pujols 2009
    Albert said those words 2 years ago. Things change and can change quickly. Kim Kardashian said sacred words in marriage vows a few months ago. Presidents give the Nation promises that they don't fulfill. Some of you need to get over it. Not sure what you all want with Albert.

Banned

When the golden goose is lost people tend to panic.

I'm fine with him leaving, I did NOT want the Cardinals to give him that kind of contract for that long. Look at the Arod deal. We got the best ten/eleven years of his career. The only thing I'm going to miss is that he will hit his
    500th home run with another team. Time will tell on this contract and it will probably be better for him to be able to be a DH in the later years of the contract to help further his career. I wish him well, I was a Cardinal fan before he was a Cardinal and I am still one now he is gone. Most players don't spend their careers with one team and they all eventually retire.

Banned

I'm fine with him leaving, I did NOT want the Cardinals to give him that kind of contract for that long. Look at the Arod deal. We got the best ten/eleven years of his career. The only thing I'm going to miss is that he will hit his
    500th home run with another team. Time will tell on this contract and it will probably be better for him to be able to be a DH in the later years of the contract to help further his career. I wish him well, I was a Cardinal fan before he was a Cardinal and I am still one now he is gone. Most players don't spend their careers with one team and they all eventually retire.
    That was so refreshing.

That's what I said when we won the World Series this year, glad you liked it!

I'm fine with him leaving, I did NOT want the Cardinals to give him that kind of contract for that long. Look at the Arod deal. We got the best ten/eleven years of his career. The only thing I'm going to miss is that he will hit his 500th home run with another team. Time will tell on this contract and it will probably be better for him to be able to be a DH in the later years of the contract to help further his career. I wish him well, I was a Cardinal fan before he was a Cardinal and I am still one now he is gone. Most players don't spend their careers with one team and they all eventually retire.
    I'd love to say I'd be this poised if my favorite player left my favorite team but I'm much to petty and easily incited to believe that. I'm more Cleveland Cavs than St Louis Cards when it comes to my fandom but I digress. I'm glad to see the Cardinals and their fans are still as classy as ever.

Three opinionated thoughts:

1) I think this really cements Stan Musial as THE Cardinal to future generations as well as past.

2) I don't think Albert Pujols will wear an Angels hat in his HOF plaque, 500th HR notwithstanding.

3) Pujols won't finish this contract, by his decision and one day retires a Cardinal.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    I'd love to say I'd be this poised if my favorite player left my favorite team but I'm much to petty and easily incited to believe that. I'm more Cleveland Cavs than St Louis Cards when it comes to my fandom but I digress. I'm glad to see the Cardinals and their fans are still as classy as ever.

Three opinionated thoughts:

1) I think this really cements Stan Musial as THE Cardinal to future generations as well as past.

2) I don't think Albert Pujols will wear an Angels hat in his HOF plaque, 500th HR notwithstanding.

3) Pujols won't finish this contract, by his decision and one day retires a Cardinal.
    I love Chipper, but at times I wish he would go to a AL team and DH for another 3 or 4 years to get 3000 hits and 500 HRs
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Banned

It was a little bit harder to leave your team when Musial played.