Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

World Series Team Sets

I've recently added a few 2011 bats from the World Champion Cardinals and it got me thinking ... who do I include in the set?

Do those of you who collect team sets only collect those who played in the World Series/playoffs or anyone who spent time with the team in the year?

Looking forward to hearing some responses.

-Tyler
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Re: World Series Team Sets

I just collected the starters from the 2002 Anaheim Angels World Series Championship team. My bats aren't all from the actual World Series year though. I have Scott Spiezio, Adam Kennedy, David Eckstein, Troy Glaus, Brad Fullmer, Garret Anderson, Darin Erstad, and Tim Salmon. I still need to get a Bengie Molina game-used bat though to complete the set.

The only one I know was used in the 2002 postseason is a game-used Darin Erstad World Series bat as shown below:

Quote Originally Posted by erstad-collector View Post
    I just collected the starters from the 2002 Anaheim Angels World Series Championship team. My bats aren't all from the actual World Series year though. I have Scott Spiezio, Adam Kennedy, David Eckstein, Troy Glaus, Brad Fullmer, Garret Anderson, Darin Erstad, and Tim Salmon. I still need to get a Bengie Molina game-used bat though to complete the set.

The only one I know was used in the 2002 postseason is a game-used Darin Erstad World Series bat as shown below:

Nice bat! Did you try for pitchers at all for your set?
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Not to change the subject but similarly to the baseball collectors, I am trying to complete the starting lineup for the 1994 SF 49ers. This includes offense, defense and special teams. This adds up to 25 players.

I have been actively trying to complete this collection for at least 5 years and at this point am only missing 3 players:
    Lee Woodall
    Derrick Deese
    Dennis Brown

I am only considering gamers from the 1994 season to complete the collection. It has not been easy finding some of these shirts as the lineman and kickers were tough to find.

I am sure this is the case when attempting to put together a WS collection. I have seen some amazing collections on the GUU forum and wish my fellow collectors luck in completing their team sets!

Always buying 49ers gamers and paying a finders fee!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

I collected a bat from all 21 position players on the 2005 Chicago White Sox World Series Team. When that was complete I started on the 4 starting pitchers and Bobby Jenks.

Still need Freddy Garcia and Jenks.

Will post some pictures later.

When I started doing team sets, I focused on position players with at least 100 ABs, starting pitchers and the closer. Once I had all those, I'd move on to grab any bat of any player who was with the team at any point during the season. So, kind of a two-step approach -- get the key guys, then expand. You'll go nuts trying to get everyone, so he helps to focus on key guys. 100 ABs is just a random number, but it does seem to be a good dividing line between key players and role players.

Everyone has some good points. I really like the 100 AB as a start.

I'm looking forward to hearing some other responses as well as seeing any photos!

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

For my 1990 Reds collection, I am working on position players only, and only those on the post season roster.

Here's my set of 2009 Yankees bats:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=40634

I collected every position player that was on the 2009 roster any time throughout the season. The majority of them are from 2009. I add some of the pitchers as I come across them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TFig27 - NY Yankees Collector
    A. Boone - R. Cano - N. Swisher - T. Martinez - P. O'Neill - E. Hinske
    J. Damon - R. Brogna - D. Bragg - W. Upshaw - K. Farnsworth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by erstad-collector View Post

Awesome Ersty bat!