Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 141 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1448

Re: Post Your Photo-matched Game-used Items Here

Molina 100th Home Run bat
    Attached Images Attached Images   

olegreg

Added this to my collection not too long ago, Tommy Casanova's game used LSU helmet. Vintage LSU game used items, especially one of a significant player, are extremely difficult to find. It took me three months to acquire it. It was sitting on the shelf in a small restaurant in a small town. I frequented it and talked to the owners enough about it which eventually lead to me acquiring it from them. It was once owned by LSU's Heisman Trophy Winner Billy Cannon who had acquired it decades ago either from the LSU athletic dept while Casanova was playing at LSU, or from Casanova himself while he was playing at LSU. Cannon gave it to the restaurant owners as he had been to their restaurant and became friends with the owners and wanted them to have it on display with their other memorabilia.

It is sadly missing its face mask, which I have decided not to replace with a replica. The helmets rarity though makes this an afterthought. The padding has become detached as the glue had dried up, however it is present with the helmet and I would like to have it professionally reattached. Any help with who is reputable would be appreciated.

After I acquired it, I set out on a quest to attempt to photo-match it, however I knew my chances would be slim as the videos of games are not of good quality, and there are only so many photos to be found. I started searching the internet in every conceivable location, and then began looking through my collection of programs, media guides and wire photos. Then I found my helmet in an article about the equipment staff's preparation for away games in a 1971 LSU vs Florida program. It is a perfect match. I honestly couldn't believe that I was able to photo match it.

Sean- Beautiful Molina!! Love the tar

Great find and match with the LSU-helmet. Looking thru old pictures is a lot of fun, but nothing compared to finally matching an item you thought was almost impossible.

Alex

What do you use to photo match? I have tried Getty but you cannot zoom much before it is blurry.

Matt Carpenter 3 HR Bat from May of this season. All 3 HR's where hit in Atlanta.

Here are a few more of our recent photomatches at Goldin Auctions for you photomatch fans! On the Goldin Auctions website, search "Resolution" to see all items we photomatched.

Probably my favorite photomatch from the auction, a Robert Parish jersey that came to us as being used sometime in the early-mid 1980's, and we were able to photomatch to the 1985 NBA Finals! Definitely requires some zooming-in to see all the match points. See the Letter of Photomatch on the auction listing for some more details on how we pinpointed the dates and what went into the photomatch.

Auction listing here: https://goldinauctions.com/1985_NBA_...-LOT32745.aspx
    John Robinson
    Founder and Owner
    Resolution Photomatching
    john@resphotomatching.com

Here's a Rafael Furcal bat photomatched to Game 3 of the 2011 World Series on 10/22/2011!

https://goldinauctions.com/2011_Rafa...-LOT33231.aspx
    John Robinson
    Founder and Owner
    Resolution Photomatching

We photomatched this Kevin Love jersey to two games (4/9/2014 and 4/16/2014) including the last game he played as a Timberwolf.

https://goldinauctions.com/2013_14_K...-LOT33266.aspx
    John Robinson
    Founder and Owner
    Resolution Photomatching

And here's a Joe Montana jersey we were able to photomatch to two games in 1988 and 1989 (11/27/1988 and 8/23/1989)! Montana threw for 271 yards and 3 touchdowns in a 49ers win on 11/27/1988, before they went on to win Super Bowl XXIII at the end of the season.

https://goldinauctions.com/1988_89_J...LOT34416.aspx#
    John Robinson
    Founder and Owner
    Resolution Photomatching