Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Shea Stadium Seats

Seats are now available for sale to the general public.

The New York Mets and the City of New York are giving all Mets fans the opportunity to purchase pairs of seats by seat color - orange, blue, green, and red - for $869 per pair plus state sales tax (8.375% for NY residents and 6.5% for FL residents). A limited inventory of seat pairs will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
    www.mets.com/shea

Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Shea Stadium Seats

why are Florida residents being charged a tax?

Post Re: Shea Stadium Seats

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    why are Florida residents being charged a tax?
    My guess. It's related to the Mets spring training operations in Florida. They probably have some state tax liability as a result of their presence there.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMusial View Post
    My guess. It's related to the Mets spring training operations in Florida. They probably have some state tax liability as a result of their presence there.
    good call, that must be the reason

Now this is ridiculous - people are already trying to flip their seats on ebay! This person has two listings for sale. With over 57,000 seats hitting the market, there will be plenty of buying opportunities the next few years - and oh, by the way - Shea ain't no Fenway, Wrigley, or Yankee Stadium.................

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shea-Stadium-Blu...QQcmdZViewItem

Funny thing is, if you go to the Mets sale site (I just did a minute ago) the blue log seat pairs are still available at 869 + NY or FLA tax. Why would anyone offer this guy anything unless it's BELOW the Mets price at this point?

-David

I read that only 16,000 or 32,000 seat will be available for public sale which accounts for the season ticket holder offering and now the general public.

Does anyone know what happens to the other 24,000 seats??

Jim, Do you know what is happening with the Yankees stadium seats yet?

David

I have heard that everything is going to be for sale - but haven't heard or seen any details yet. The best seats were pulled out of Yankee Stadium in the early 70's and am fortunate to have two singles and two doubles - the existing seats at Yankee Stadium are plastic and just don't do a lot for me personally. Shea's seats are plastic too - but is a little different - they are nicer looking to me than the Yankees seats and the different colors are kind of neat......plus, they are older than the Yankees seats...........

Quote Originally Posted by JimCaravello View Post
    With over 57,000 seats hitting the market, there will be plenty of buying opportunities the next few years
    The article I read said they're only selling 16,000 seats to the general public. I assume, since they're sold in pairs, that actual total may be 32,000. I wonder if the remaining seats are those available to season ticket holders prior to the general public sale that began today. Not sure though.

oh, by the way - Shea ain't no Fenway, Wrigley, or Yankee Stadium.................
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to those that spent time there as kids, teenagers or adults it's something special. It holds a lot of memories for a lot of people for various reasons. To me, for sentimental reasons, it's better than Fenway, Wrigley and Yankee Stadium combined. No need to rain on anyone's parade.

I spent a lot of time there as a kid too - and loved the place - have some great memories at Shea in the early 70's - As a family went there more than Yankee Stadium as my dad did not like to go make the trip to the Bronx. My comment really relates to the age of the Stadium and the long history that other parks have that are still standing - also, my comment is about the ebay price of $2000 for the pair. That's a little ridiculous. I think the Mets online price is really quite good. Sounds like all the lower level orange seats are gone through an online inquiry.

Didn't mean to offend you - and if I did, I apologize - sometime in the future I will get a pair of those orange seats and display them proudly in my sports room with my Yankees seats...........