Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Doesn't the 500.00 limit in the Collector to collector ads seem crazy

Does anyone else wish they would raise the limit in the collector to collector ads so you could sell your items above the 500.00 limit they have. I feel as collectors we are missing out on alot of nice GU stuff that guys have and would want to sell that are worth more than 500.00. Heck anymore just the GU bats are getting to be more than 500 for minor HOFers and jerseys are well above 500. It's getting to be limited anymore on alot of GU things. At least maybe up it to 1000.00. Sellers with GU things of guys like Banks, Mays, Aaron and players in that catagory can't sell in the C. to C. because the price is above that. If you go to a major auction house your paying 20% buyer premium and why pay that if a seller would first try on GUU to sell his higher end things. Both would save by not paying all the fees. Otherwise your heading to Ebay and who knows who your dealing with there. No saying to get rid of the stuff going to auction houses and they have there purpose but some guys don't want to go that route for whatever reason. I would love to see some of the higher end stuff on here and whats for sale and maybe purchase it. What are your thoughts?

Re: Doesn't the 500.00 limit in the Collector to collector ads seem crazy

I'd love to see a higher limit as well. It would definitely open up another avenue to acquire items. I personally scour the internet looking for sources to buy items from and rarely check the CC b/c given its $500 limit I know items I'd want won't be found there. Selling on the CC section is a great benefit to buyers and sellers compared to other outlets/venues of selling and without a limit, or a higher limit, there might be more use of it.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by maverick14 View Post
    I'd love to see a higher limit as well. It would definitely open up another avenue to acquire items. I personally scour the internet looking for sources to buy items from and rarely check the CC b/c given its $500 limit I know items I'd want won't be found there. Selling on the CC section is a great benefit to buyers and sellers compared to other outlets/venues of selling and without a limit, or a higher limit, there might be more use of it.
    +1
    Love the hobby! Always looking for Carolina Panthers, UNC Tar Heels, and Modern Day NFL Gamers.

Agreed.....I don't even bother looking..... Most good NFL Jerseys start at $500. I do believe that this request has been rejected in the past?

at least $750, $500 is just way to low.

This has been discussed a lot by forum members in the past. GUU does not want to open itself up to any liability from high dollar transactions. They don't want this kind of thing to be a blight on the good service they provide. Makes sense to me; I'm happy with the current limit.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Like Mulligan said i think it should be lifted since football is so much. You can rarely get a decent jersey for under 500$. I don't think i have ever seen a Jets jersey for less then 500 tbh.

$500 doesn't even touch most of this stuff I collect and definitely keeps me from even looking at that section.

Quality NFL stuff is generally way more expensive than 5 bills.

I would love to see the $500 limit raised... say, doubled to $1,000. I understand the reason for the $500 cap however, so I'm not complaining about the way things are.

I do regret the fact that the plans to upgrade the Collector to Collector section have apparently been scrapped because of other ventures.

I'd be curious to know if there's a screen that can be added when someone lists an item for sale. The screen gives a liability statement that the seller has to electronically "sign", thus freeing the site owners from any liability. We've all signed these kinds of screens on bank websites, Paypal, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Banned

if you have an item which has a higher value us ebay..