Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Harper starting his cockiness

His fan base will be as big as anyones.

Look at how many people here collect players who are known cheaters.

Banned

You also have people who collect and love players who are not only jerks on the field off of it too.

I think some of you really don't know these players like you think you do.

His fan base will be big as long as he produces. If he's a flop, then everyone will be on the next hyped prospect (Trout, Starling, etc.). Unless you personally know Bryce Harper, which I'm banking on no one here does, you really can only base your opinion by how he handles himself on the field and with the media. It seems though players at the Major League level are a little put off by the guy. I remember when he struck out in his first big league spring training at-bat and struck out, a player quipped on how they don't throw 90 mph in college ball. Seems like a harmless guy when a bat isn't in his hands, but really does not properly carry himself.

Banned

Yeah, how a player handles himself should count for something.
    Maybe he should take some tips from your favorite player Lastings Milledge.
    Lets take a look at how your favorite player has handled himself over the past few years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2872891

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2003...ristian-school

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2006...ge-majors-bump

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008...er-cliff-floyd

When did I ever say Milledge is a quintessential role model player? Look at how he previously handled himself (still has some attitude issues today) and his lack of production. Where's his fan base? Me? Probably that's it.

Banned

I just found it very odd that a fan of Lasting's would be pointing out flaws of any other baseball player.

To be honest I was a fan myself of Milledge. I really thought he could be a great player. I still think he can be if he wants to be.

Sometimes I think we forget to enjoy the players talents and focus too much on their personalities.

I didn't mean to argue, I just want to give the kid some time to grow up. Can you imagine the pressure on him to produce after all the hype he has had for so long? I would imagine that many of us wouldn't handle it very well.

But with great power comes great responsibility. Harper should try to not be cocky. It will come back and bite him in the ass. 100% for certain. He is not God and I bet his shit does stink. So get back to reality. He'll get a wakeup call. You all will see.

BB

Banned

Well, he's not Spider Man you know.

And he is not God either. I just wish everyone else would remember that they are not God either.

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    I just found it very odd that a fan of Lasting's would be pointing out flaws of any other baseball player.
    Did I point out flaws in Bryce or any other baseball player for that matter...nope.

Banned

Leave it to Yankees fans to be the first to criticize future stars that their team can't buy. I hope Harper blows a kiss to monument park when he's rounding the bases up there in 2013.