Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Jose Abreu game issued hat

This is on ebay and I have been interested but does anyone know anything about it? Anyone know what Abreu's hat size is thanks. I would assume almost all All Star items end up authenticated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOSE-ABREU-A...item20fc43e912

Re: Jose Abreu game issued hat

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    This is on ebay and I have been interested but does anyone know anything about it? Anyone know what Abreu's hat size is thanks. I would assume almost all All Star items end up authenticated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOSE-ABREU-A...item20fc43e912
    I know hats don't always end up authenticated because the players do get to keep them. I can't speak for sure to this specific case but it is possible that he did sign this hat that was issued to him

Just wanted to state the obvious here that the hat was signed sometime after the season since he included a "ROY" inscription.

I don't think it would be crazy to assume he just gave it to a fan after the derby. Then again I'd expect a story regarding that in the description. Instead the seller provides nothing and there is nothing on the hat to make it anything but retail. I would stay far away personally.

The only thing positive about this hat is the bill is flat. At the homerun derby it looks flat...not so much on practice days though. I have a hard time believing they issued him multiple hats and not even have a number on one.

Actually with further observation I found one picture from the ASG that showed it having a notable slight curve. The hat in the EBay listing looks totally straight like you would find on the store shelf. I can post the picture if you really want me to...but that would require going on my computer.

So it looks like a normal hat that got signed.

I asked for the size and how he obtained it just waiting on an answer. I know the guy bought a lot of stuff at Soxfest then resold it on eBay so I'm assuming he's a dealer. I know the players were issued 2 jerseys so I would assume they were given 2 hats as well.