Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: February 2014 "Pick-Ups" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    Rick,

Yes! I am jealous too. Contemplating moving to STL to have more access! But I am thinking about flying out there next year to attend the events!
    You should try contacting some of the members to see if they would part with a few of their Wong memorabilia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by amgmap View Post
    Rick, congrats on the Suzuki additions! Good luck on your quest to find a Nats bat, I will keep an eye out for you.

On the same note, many thanks to Andrew for picking up a few items for me during Nats fest. I was able to add a Jordan Zimmermann bat hammered with use, a Ryan Zimmerman bat, Jordan Zimmermann hat marked as used for batting practice but due to the use I have a feeling it was used more than just for bp, and two pairs of Jordan Zimmermann game used pants from 2011 that show nice use.
    Thanks... Wow! I can't believe that you got two pairs of Zimmerman's game used pants. I have been looking for a pair or two of Kurt's pants for quite some time now. I would think that there would be more pants than jerseys available for most players being that they would incur more damage than jerseys. Good luck with your Zimmerman collection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by amgmap View Post
    Rick, congrats on the Suzuki additions! Good luck on your quest to find a Nats bat, I will keep an eye out for you.

On the same note, many thanks to Andrew for picking up a few items for me during Nats fest. I was able to add a Jordan Zimmermann bat hammered with use, a Ryan Zimmerman bat, Jordan Zimmermann hat marked as used for batting practice but due to the use I have a feeling it was used more than just for bp, and two pairs of Jordan Zimmermann game used pants from 2011 that show nice use.
    You are so welcome for those pickups! The pants, caps, helmets and bats were in very small supply. The jerseys were there in large quantities but as a friend said after the 1st 30 minutes the supply was back to ex-players and coaches.

What I will say is that I found a cap I hadn't seen before and which wasn't previously available. Sometimes I think they are in box or shelf somewhere and show up eventually.

I was at Orioles fanfest yesterday and the supply of caps and jerseys were large but nothing was hologrammed. I will say that some jerseys we couldn't locate during the season ended up in the piles there. A few members here got some amazing pieces.

Hopefully some more will share their pickups.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I was finally able to take individual pics of the 3 Kurt Suzuki jerseys that I got from Andrew.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Couldn't be happier with my recent pick-up that just arrived today. 2003 Cincinnati Reds alternate Sunday jersey of the late Dernell Stenson. I have been looking for an appealing 2003 jersey for awhile due to it being the first season in GABP for the Reds and was extremely happy to stumble on this. This was the last jersey that Dernell wore during the 2003 season and went 2-4 with a HR as well. RIP
    Attached Images Attached Images     

While some people may have their opinions on him as a Brewers fan this was a common sense buy at the price. Getting a nicely used Braun gamer was something I wanted in my collection.

Nice Stenson jersey. I have always wanted something of his from time with the Reds.

Looks like you got a nice price on it too. And nice mark up on the Braggs jersey too. lol
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    Nice Stenson jersey. I have always wanted something of his from time with the Reds.

Looks like you got a nice price on it too. And nice mark up on the Braggs jersey too. lol
    Thanks I was jacked! If ur talking about Braggs jersey on ebay that's not mine...it's a different year.

Quote Originally Posted by rchimes13@yahoo.com View Post
    Thanks I was jacked! If ur talking about Braggs jersey on ebay that's not mine...it's a different year.
    I was going to say... when I saw your jersey I first thought of the Topps card but realized it was a different jersey. Both great jerseys.

Nice Stenson jersey. I had forgotten the horrific way that guy died... horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    A few Royals Fan Fest pickups this morning...

A few locker name plates from Spring Training of Noel Arguelles and some of my Fantasy Camp Alumni coaches (the Dennis Leonard plate was signed this morning as well). The hat is a 2012 Stars and Stripes gamer hat of Billy Butler.

The Hosmer bat is absolutely hammered with heavy use and MLB authenticated to a 6th inning break against Ubaldo Jimenez on 9/9/2013. Bat died a hero on a broken bat single. I am fairly certain I also have the bat photo matched to a 3-4 with a 3 run home run the day before on 9/8/2013... That was Hosmer's 49th career home run.
    Wow, what a sick Hosmer bat. My favorite type of gamers are blonde bats with tape and loads of pine tar... good stuff!