Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christmas Presents

Just curious if anyone got any good Christmas presents that were collecting related? As many have said before, some girlfriends/wives/family/etc. don't like our collecting whereas others don't mind so much. Looking to see if anyone actually gets what they really want for Christmas.

As for me I don't ever get anything hobby related for presents, guess nobody understands what I really want LOL.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

Re: Christmas Presents

well i actually purchased a robinson cano 2010 ssk a few days before xmas as a gift to myself. I was actually gifted an alfonso soriano gu bat and a 2010 nick swisher. Really shocked that the women in my life took the time, though i do think some snooping must have happened to get them on the right track!

Got a LaMarcus Aldridge 08-09 Meigray Certified home jersey with the Kevin Duckworth Memorial Patch for Christmas. Pics of that are on the december pickups page

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    well i actually purchased a robinson cano 2010 ssk a few days before xmas as a gift to myself. I was actually gifted an alfonso soriano gu bat and a 2010 nick swisher. Really shocked that the women in my life took the time, though i do think some snooping must have happened to get them on the right track!
    Glad the women in your life came through for you with great Christmas gifts.

It's always cool when family takes the initiative to buy cool game-used presents.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Angry Re: Christmas Presents

Quote Originally Posted by maverick14 View Post

As for me I don't ever get anything hobby related for presents, guess nobody understands what I really want LOL.
    You and me BOTH, my friend!

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    Lucky you!! I wish my family would would snoop so I could take in a haul like that.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

My dear sister gave me a 2009 Mel Stottlemyre, Jr. 'Los DBacks' Diamondbacks black alternate jersey.

My Texas daughter and son-in-law bought me a 2011 ALCS Game 1 g-u ball from the Rangers' Stadium store. They also got me a Ron Washington t-shirt. Since Washington (who's depicted in the "Moneyball" movie) started his minor-league managing career within walking distance of my home, I've several reasons for being a fan of his.

Nothing game used, but the hubby did get us a family present - a San Antonio Missions voucher package for ten games, plus Texas League champions t-shirt!

He gives me enough good natured ribbing to know that he understands why I collect, but he still thinks it's a little off, LOL!

I got coal! My wife would not even consider encouraging my collection.