Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Jim McMahon game used jersey on Ebay

OK LOKEE,
    You don't have to be so hateful. You do not have the jersey in your hands, I do. Not all of his jerseys have the extra tag on the bottom. One of his jerseys have the same tag in the collar that mine does. And now a question to you..... Have you ever seen a RETAIL JERSEY that is a size 50 in the shoulders and a 28 in the mid section??????? If you did, then they are probably still hanging there. The top of my jersey is exactly the same as mine and all of the stitching is EXACTLY the same. Please answer me, but try not to be sooo hateful.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Lisa,

If you are comparing the 2 pictures of the tags the one in your auction to Rogers they are way different. You just have to look at the one in the picture of yours and Rogers to see the difference. Rogers is in the collar yours is on the front bottom tail. His has the extra tag attatched on the bottom of the tag yours does not.

Iam sorry to say that the jersey you have is a RETAIL GAME READY jersey. There is no if ands or but's on this one. Goodluck with your auction.

Sorry I meant to say the top of "HIS" jersey is exactly the same as mine

Quote Originally Posted by lou3alex2 View Post
    OK LOKEE,
    You don't have to be so hateful. You do not have the jersey in your hands, I do. Not all of his jerseys have the extra tag on the bottom. One of his jerseys have the same tag in the collar that mine does. And now a question to you..... Have you ever seen a RETAIL JERSEY that is a size 50 in the shoulders and a 28 in the mid section??????? If you did, then they are probably still hanging there. The top of my jersey is exactly the same as mine and all of the stitching is EXACTLY the same. Please answer me, but try not to be sooo hateful.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Banned

I don't think Lokee was being "hateful" at all. How was he being hateful? He was pointing out the differences trying to educate people. Thats what this forum is all about. Educating people on discrepencies.

Aaron

Banned

Iam not being hateful or trying to be in anyway at all.

Here is a picture of a 1990 eagles jersey even though it is the green version notice the year "90" stitched in felt. Yours has no year tag.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=16390

This forum is for people to get together and talk about Game Used items among other things as well. Everyone has an opinion and in the previous posts that is what we have given.

Iam glad you put the link to the item in your auction. People can click the link and read points made by myself and other forum members and then make a rash decision.

I have nothing against you Lisa by the way AT ALL. I don't know you but you seem honest. I just wish that you had an open mind about your item and the points we have made.

Goodluck.

Hi Lokee,
    I totally understand about opinions, facts, experts...the only thing I know is that i received this from Bryan Barker, somtime in the early 1990's. I guess the things I am having problems with is: 1. not all the jerseys have the same tags...some have dates, some don't, some have collar tags, some don't, some have the same collar tag that mine has, some don't. Also, previous post says "sometimes they remove tags and sometimes they don't. 2. The material, the thickness, the stitching, exactly the same. 3. The funky size...what's up with that. That is the one question no one has answered. Like i said in previous posts, if this were a RETAIL JERSEY they would still, all be on the rack.

I do have an open mind or I would not be bothering with this at all. Someone, maybe you Lokee, can answer these questions.

Like I said in previous posts, the only one to ever burn me was Lamar Lathan with the Houston Oilers...Bryan would never deceive Lou (my husband), nor would T.C., why should they??? They had access to a tremendous amount of memorabilia.

Did they ever sell exact duplicates (excluding tag variations) of the jerseys in RETAIL STORES???

I would sincerely appreciate answers to the above.

Thanking you in advance,
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Iam not being hateful or trying to be in anyway at all.

Here is a picture of a 1990 eagles jersey even though it is the green version notice the year "90" stitched in felt. Yours has no year tag.

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=16390

This forum is for people to get together and talk about Game Used items among other things as well. Everyone has an opinion and in the previous posts that is what we have given.

Iam glad you put the link to the item in your auction. People can click the link and read points made by myself and other forum members and then make a rash decision.

I have nothing against you Lisa by the way AT ALL. I don't know you but you seem honest. I just wish that you had an open mind about your item and the points we have made.

Goodluck.

Hi Aaron,
    I appreciate you sticking up for your friend, but really this is between Lokee and myself. The only person I told was "hateful" was Lokee....
    Were good now.
    Thanks for your opinion.
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    I don't think Lokee was being "hateful" at all. How was he being hateful? He was pointing out the differences trying to educate people. Thats what this forum is all about. Educating people on discrepencies.

Aaron

Banned

If Bryan Barker is the punter, he played for the Eagles in 1994, 4 years after the only possible year for this jersey (because of the lack of an NFL shield on the neckline. By that time (1994) McMahon was with the Arizona Cardinals as a backup. Perhaps Barker played a game against a McMahon team at one time, but that'd be about it. They were never on the same team together. At the time McMahon was with Philly, Barker was with Kansas City.

While tagging has variations, photos do not lie and the Eagles clearly did not seem to use jerseys with that font in 1990. McMahon threw only 9 passes in 5 games in 1990, his first year with the Eagles, as a backup to Randall Cunningham. Note the interior of the 9 is a rectangle, no rounded edges like yours. As McMahon was picked up by the Eagles after being cut by the Chargers, he only played 5 games in 1990 making it doubtful he had a second away jersey with a different 9 font - different than any pics of him or other players wearing a 9 in their numerals that season.

McMahon 1990

Jerome Brown 1990 (see rectangular center of '9's)

If Barker is a friend, you might ask him how he came into the jersey. The cut does seem to allow for shoulder pads although 42 is pretty small. Other exemplars show larger sizes:

SIZE 48:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...uction_ID=7313

Ok Boys, Men, Game Used Maniacs...Take your pick.

I see all your points, truly I do. It is on auction and I linked this site, so the bidders can decide.
    I am going to list a bunch of "game used" stuff this weekend. So, please keep Packrat-collectibles130 on your favorite e-bay list and let me know what you think. Really, I do value all of your opinions, so please e-mail me.
    I might have something you want someday, so please be nice. (i'm a girl, girls need nice)
    Thanks for everything and I will check back often.
    Lisa Fanning AKA Momma Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    If Bryan Barker is the punter, he played for the Eagles in 1994, 4 years after the only possible year for this jersey (because of the lack of an NFL shield on the neckline. By that time (1994) McMahon was with the Arizona Cardinals as a backup. Perhaps Barker played a game against a McMahon team at one time, but that'd be about it. They were never on the same team together. At the time McMahon was with Philly, Barker was with Kansas City.

While tagging has variations, photos do not lie and the Eagles clearly did not seem to use jerseys with that font in 1990. McMahon threw only 9 passes in 5 games in 1990, his first year with the Eagles, as a backup to Randall Cunningham. Note the interior of the 9 is a rectangle, no rounded edges like yours. As McMahon was picked up by the Eagles after being cut by the Chargers, he only played 5 games in 1990 making it doubtful he had a second away jersey with a different 9 font - different than any pics of him or other players wearing a 9 in their numerals that season.

McMahon 1990

Jerome Brown 1990 (see rectangular center of '9's)

If Barker is a friend, you might ask him how he came into the jersey. The cut does seem to allow for shoulder pads although 42 is pretty small. Other exemplars show larger sizes:

SIZE 48:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...uction_ID=7313

Lisa, don't sweat it, it's all good. Nothing but love for you here.

We've all started out buying and selling items that weren't what they were touted to be, simply as a result of inexperience. It's a learning process no matter what area of interest you delve into that's unfamiliar to you. Places like this can serve as a sounding board/education center for those interested in learning the characteristics of game-used items that help to either legitimize or discredit those items. Some of the "teachers" here have a little more tact than others but overall it's a good community. It's always a good idea to post items of question here first before posting them for sale to potentially spare yourself the possibility of a verbal spanking by those who would rather berate than educate.
    Feel free to post any items you may have questions about and the members here will be happy to offer honest opinions and insight.
    That's what we're here for.

Hello SWTNS (that must stand for sweetness) because you are,
    Thanks for the kind words. I am listing lots of autographed items between last night and today. take a look & e-mail lou3alex2@aol.com and let me know what you think. packrat-collectibles130
    Thanks so much,
    Lisa