Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Mastro - Vintage GU Football Helmets

Does anyone know where the Adkins helmet went? I got a picture from Doug in which he is holding the helmet. I would like to have this helmet for my collection.

Roger
    irestorecars@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    The Lamonica Pro Bowl lid at the start of this thread just made an appearance on the Pro Bowl broadcast, great archive footage of he and John Madden at the 71 Pro Bowl.
    that was indeed great vintage footage but it was from the 1970 pro bowl, not the 1972 pro bowl (the mastro helmet was billed as lamonica's 1972 pro bowl lid). madden was the afc pb coach in the 1970, noll was was the afc pb coach in 1972. but from the quick glimpses i caught it did appear that lamonica was sporting a tk in that 1970 footage, which is the model in the mastro auction. fwiw the photos i've seen of lamonica in the 1970 pro bowl also seem to show him wearing a tk although i wouldn't say the photos are conclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON
    Does anyone know where the Adkins helmet went? I got a picture from Doug in which he is holding the helmet. I would like to have this helmet for my collection.

roger, would you mind sharing that photo?

robert

Robert,

Here is a quick photo of some of the pictures that I got from Doug. He is a real gentleman. If you want a copy of the Saint picture with the helmet, email me your address and I'll send you one, he gave me two.

Roger
    irestorecars@sbcglobal.net
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi,

Does anyone know what the Timmy Brown Pro Bowl helmet went for that Robert described earlier in this post?

Thanks,

Tom

many thanks to roger for sending me great photos of atkins as well as many other great photos from his fantastic collection!

robert