Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RyanZimmerman11

Re: Puckett Turn Ahead the Clock Jersey...is this even possible?

TNT,

Please post the list and pics when you get home I would love to see them all.

I loved that clip from ESPN....I sorta kinda remember this taking place now.

I wouldn't mind getting the Royals...maybe.

Here is a link to photos of most of the TATC jerseys... sadly, it's missing a Mercury Mets one (then again DC posted one, so that's now covered).
    My favorite is still the Milwaukee beer barrel guy...

http://www.angelfire.com/blues/new_yorker/TATC.html

Jay if you are refering to my Mercury Mets authentic it's not a gamer.I am in the market for a gamer and have seen only one.Russ Gompers of Stitches who does work for the NY Mets has a Jason Isringhausen tatc gamer.I asked if he would be interested in selling and he said no.He has a store in NY about 20 min from Shea.Great guy..So for now I have to settle for a retail authentic..

Hey guys, I don't mean to be a thread nazi, but my original post was kind of hijacked and moved on to another topic. It would be cool if you could just start a new thread next time. Thanks.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    I asked this on the related thread, but thought this was worth a thread of its own. Jim Yackel has a Puckett jersey from 2000, but is a size 48. The size is what concerns me. I found a link to a Leland's auction that sold a 1994 Puckett jersey (from the Twins) that was a 50. Anyone knowing Puck also knows he really packed on weight after he retired. I cannot imagine him being capable of getting in to a 48 in 2000, let alone wearing one around and swinging a bat in it. TATC night was only a year before Puck was inducted into the Hall. He must have been wearing a 54 or 56 by then. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Chris

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?lot=635&auctionid=512

http://www.jimyackel.com/34Puckett7-06.JPG
    Did you ask Jim his thoughts? That should be the first place to ask.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Hi Eric, I dropped him an email a bit ago and am just awaiting a response. I'll post it as soon as I hear from him. Thanks.

Chris

"Hi Chris,

I had taken the Puckett jersey on consignment from a former Twins marketing staffer who states he had received it from Kirby after the TATC game vs. Seattle. The jersey has long since been returned to the consignor, as there was no interest in it from my clientele. The consignor claimed that Kirby participated in batting practice with the team for that game and wore the jersey. As to whether Kirby could have squeezed into the shirt, I have no reason to doubt the veracity of what the consignor conveyed to me. Did Puckett balloon in size at the end of his life? Yes, he certainly did. Due to the unique nature of the shirt and the fact that Puckett was wearing it after his playing career, I placed my trust in its source--as that is all I had. I am offered big-name MLB jerseys on a frequent basis that I refuse out of hand because I don't get a comfortable feeling from the individuals presenting them to me or their stories--and this is before I would even see the items.

All the best,
    Jim"

I still can't believe Puck could have fit into a 48 at that stage of his life. I would have bought this awhile back, but I just can't buy the story. From the response, it obviously isn't Jim's story either.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

can i buy ur mercury mets jersey

Pictures of the jersey for reference.

I saw this auction end on ebay about a year or two ago...saved the pictures as i do with most Puckett stuff.

It sold for $300 even.
    Attached Images Attached Images