Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Franco Harris Steelers Helmet - Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    Sorry, no more Robert jokes for me. I already owe him dinner for my last bad one...

btw the seller ended the auction early - it was close to $600. hope someone didn't email him with a big buck offer....
    robert

I really try not to blow smoke up anyone's a$$ as a general rule but I've got to say that anytime I see aeneas01's name on a thread I immediately click on it and read the whole thing. I'm a jersey collector and I didn't know squat about helmets before I came to this forum but I've already learned so much just from reading his posts. His research is thorough and his comments and critiques are well-written. Always informative and enjoyable posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    I really try not to blow smoke up anyone's a$$ as a general rule but I've got to say that anytime I see aeneas01's name on a thread I immediately click on it and read the whole thing. I'm a jersey collector and I didn't know squat about helmets before I came to this forum but I've already learned so much just from reading his posts. His research is thorough and his comments and critiques are well-written. Always informative and enjoyable posts.
    wow, thanks for the kind words 34swtns. sharing with the forum is extremely rewarding given that it's such a team effort - guu really is a special place. so what's going on with your bears - are they going to make urlacher happy? how do bears' fans feel about the sitch?
    robert

I can only speak for myself and, personally, I believe that players should honor existing cotracts. That being said, it looks like the McCaskeys have offered to give him an extra year and another 5 mill to remain through 2012 but they're apparently not willing to budge off of that. Given the Halas tradition of "throwing around nickels like manhole covers" that has certainly been carried on by the McCaskeys, I'm surprised that they were willng to give him that much. Guaranteed, if it were any other player than Urlacher they would be shown the door.

just wanted to pass along that this helmet is once again on eBay. Thanks to all that posted in this forum as I was considering purchasing it. The font on the two did make me think twice, thus researching it more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140305813092

last time out the seller ended the auction early, towards the end, it had reached $600. a couple of interesting wrinkles this time around:

1. unlike the previous seller, the current seller has included the full lampson coa which mentions the painted facemask & clips that i had previously eluded to - at least these issues didn't escape lampson.

2. you have to wonder what it would take for lampson to reject an impregnated black pac3 lid dressed up like franco harris's helmet. honestly - would any steelers pac3 lid with consistent dating and the number "32" applied be enough to stamp it a franco harris helmet? even if it came with a spray painted facemask and clips? mam mia...

3. not to be outdone, the current seller has tossed in his own little flavor to the mix by boldly adding "This Riddell helmet shell is size L and the interior padding system is a size 7-3/8 PAC-3. These are the sizes that Franco Harris used circa 1979-80." so the seller obviously knows what size pac3 helmet and what size pac3 padding harris wore. beautiful.

robert

FWIW, I emailed the seller about this link, and he has added it to the auction description. I thought that was a classy move.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    FWIW, I emailed the seller about this link, and he has added it to the auction description. I thought that was a classy move.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
    It was a classy move...but adding this line "Note that I still feel that the helmet is good because the COA is from Lou Lampson, who is the true expert in the field of game used authentication. " is enough to make me lose my lunch.
    WANTED -1977 Toronto Blue Jays game jersey

chris@pacmedia.ca