Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Lou Gehrig "gamer"

At this time I would like to take a moment to reveal a break through I just had regarding a bat in my collection. It has been determined that my 1961-64 LS Dick Stigman bat was used by Roger Maris to hit home run 55 during his historic 1961 home run season.

Roger Maris grew up in Fargo, ND while Dick Stigman grew up in Nimrod, MN, roughly 30 minutes to the east. They became friends playing on travelling ball teams in the upper midwest and stayed in contact after both reaching the majors. On September 7, 1961, Stigman's Indians were in the Bronx for a series against the Yankees. As a joke, Mickey Mantle hid every one of Maris' bats prior to the game's start. Maris, in desperation went to his old pal asking to borrow a bat, since the both preferred to use bats made of wood, specifically a LS model M110.

Maris went deep of Stigman that day for his 55th homer of the season. As a token of his appreciation, Maris provided Stigman with a case of Hamm's beer.

The authenticator has verified the facts of this story using our authenticating team members at the psychic friends hotline who contacted Roger and verified all stated events.

The price for this historic artifact is $25k. If you feel it may have been subsequently used to hit home run 56 and perhaps 57 I will be more than happy to consult with my authenticating team for their thoughts.

If you have any concerns please prove me wrong.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

I emailed him too about the Bench bat. The guy talks in circles in his responses.

Check out the "game worn" Bill Dickey chest protector. It was displayed in the HOF you know.

I need to sell my dad's store model Mantle bat to this guy for a grand or so. - Just Kidding.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unfortunately I couldn't restrain myself and sent the seller this question, which he has not posted yet---

"Sir, you need to get your money back from the seller (if you bought it based on this ridiculous 'authentication') or from the 'authenticator' if you depended on his LOA. NOTHING about this bat suggests use by Lou Gehrig. There are many Gehrig order references in H & B records from Gehrig, INCLUDING from the 1924 ledger (which you say does not exist.) All DOCUMENTED orders and indexes are 35.5 inches or 36 inches between 1924 and 1930--nothing close to 34 inches --and all DOCUMENTED weights are between 36 oz and 40 oz through 1938---nothing even remotely close to this bat in weight (6-to-7 oz difference.) Also, the faulty analysis of the barrel labeling and side-writing is pure fantasy and laughable.I imagine now you will ask me "How can you prove that Gehrig never used this bat?" Well,I can't prove that Ty Cobb or Walter Johnson never used this bat either, but the bat is so totally uncharacteristic of Gehrig's DOCUMENTED records, that the liklihood of him ever using it is about zero.
    To add to the errors in this auction, the bat in auction was not patterned after the bat that ultimately was assigned model number G76, as that bat was not patterned for Gehrig until 1927, after the manufacture date and return date of the bat in the auction. Plus,the bat that became the G76 was not the first bat patterned for Gehrig (as stated in your auction) as at least two bat models are DOCUMENTED as patterned for Gehrig at his request prior to the bat requested in 1927 (that was later assigned G76)---- those bats were patterned and indexed in 1925 and 1926. But, in actuality, none of the above information, which is totally inaccurately described in your auction, has any relevance to the bat in your auction as your bat has nothing to do with Gehrig or his H & B records or his bats."

Mike

Mike --

But it has to be a Gehrig gamer -- it has ball marks on the right side of the barrel!!!

Greg

That's a Gehrig use characteristic!

Banned

Would love to have this feature for my postings too.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Last edited by "fill in the blank" : Today at 08:00 PM."

Actually, I'm beginning to wonder if this guy actually believes this bat is legit. I mean, who in their right mind posts these questions if they are trying to sell a bat. Multiple outright fake claims (while clearly validated) will without question prevent his bat from being sold. So it seems either he believes what he's saying, or he is the WORST scam artist ever, showing negative questions/comments.
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

My favorite line from the description is....

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]!!!!! The Pictures shown with Lou Gehrig are NOT for sale and they are of this bat !!!!!
    They are to help show you Lou Gehrig Using this Bat in 1923 and 1924
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HAHAHAHAHA! What is this guy smoking? It's Gehrig bat but has another name stamped into the barrel- Paul Suerh!!?? He rambles incoherently in his responses on eBay. ABout this auction item-Permission granted from TSA. Classic stuff written on that auction item. Too funny.

i am purplexed. unbelieveable and amazing at the same time. who is the tsa mystery authenticator? this auction and it's responses are quite comical.

i have photos of clemente using a knobless bat, so the clemente gamer i own is the one in the photos. how do i know, it matches. afterall, they are both knobless models, so why wouldn't my bat be the one he is using?

other players used knobless models as well. not to mention he used the G105, P100 and U1, which were all knobless. but the one i have i assure you is the one in the pics!