Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: June 2015 Pick Up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TG19 View Post
    Rest of Jerseys!
    Quite the collection! If you decide to part with a griffey let me know. ryancolbs@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by TG19 View Post
    Rest of Jerseys!
    Love the Maddux' jerseys!

Quote Originally Posted by fredskinz View Post
    Found this five hours ago on a clothing rack at an antique mall. Thought the #8 was a error, but then found he played in #8 for only his 1998 debut season in St. Louis. Trying to photomatch, but he did get his first career hit and HR on the road.
    Nice jersey, but why post it on the pick up thread if your just going to put it on eBay the next day?

Smile Re: June 2015 Pick Up Thread

Molina Jersey worn on home opening day April 13 2015 and to hit his first home run this year on June 15, 2015 and Im sure worn for many other games
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I posted it so people could see it, Nate. Most items I find I don't purchase for myself. I love putting items in the hands of true collectors, not re-sellers. My collection is 90% Redskins items, so I use the funds I make from these items to purchase stuff for my own personal collection. Not that it matters, but I first contacted a couple of members on the site who had previously posted about wanting a #8 Drew jersey. When none of them responded, I decided to just list it.

Unfortumately, I have found that lately the members on this site have become increasingly hostile towards anyone trying to make a buck on an item. There are unwritten rules for people who "insta-flip" or resell anything for more than they paid, which is ludicrous. I overpay for many items which I missed out on and never complain.

If I am wrong, I'd love to hear other member's opinions.

Oh yeah, no worries. I'm ok with ppl making a buck. Do what you want on that.

Reason I asked is because when people show off an item on the pick ups, and then list it for sale for $1,000 on eBay when the limit on here is $500, that sends a red flag.

Again, don't care what you do by making a buck, but it was pretty evident what was being done here. We see it all the time.

Hate to mess up a good thread. Feel free to pm me directly if you have any additional comments.

Quote Originally Posted by fredskinz View Post
    I posted it so people could see it, Nate. Most items I find I don't purchase for myself. I love putting items in the hands of true collectors, not re-sellers. My collection is 90% Redskins items, so I use the funds I make from these items to purchase stuff for my own personal collection. Not that it matters, but I first contacted a couple of members on the site who had previously posted about wanting a #8 Drew jersey. When none of them responded, I decided to just list it.

Unfortumately, I have found that lately the members on this site have become increasingly hostile towards anyone trying to make a buck on an item. There are unwritten rules for people who "insta-flip" or resell anything for more than they paid, which is ludicrous. I overpay for many items which I missed out on and never complain.

If I am wrong, I'd love to hear other member's opinions.

My personal opinion, I'd like the pick-up thread to be pick-ups we at least plan on keeping a while, not looking to flip. There are other areas for that.

However, my opinion isn't worth much.

Ken

Let's say I pick up a Mickey Mantle bat and post it in this thread. Couple days later, I find a holy grail item that I would like to buy, so I decide to sell the Mantle bat to fund the holy grail item. Am I unable to sell the Mantle bat because some forum members on GameUsedUniverse would be mad at me because I posted the Mantle bat in a "pick-up" thread? I think its ridiuclous just because you post an item in a pick up thread on GameUsedUniverse that you are stuck with that item for a certain period of time (2weeks, a month, who knows) before you can "legitimately" sell it. Come on, really? I think what needs to be done on this website is remove the $500 limit in the Classifieds. Another thing that needs to be done is allow the members to edit there own posts.

Rant over.

If I may amend my previous post, I'm not mad at fredskinz or any other member over this. I just wanted to posit that I'd like to see the pick-up thread to be a place to show off new additions to the collection, not a showcase for selling. Beach, If you love your Mantle bat today but your circumstances change in two weeks, so be it.

Really, my "anger level" here at that post is about a -2. I made my post to see if a quality discussion could ensue. I couldn't even force a rant out about this if I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    If I may amend my previous post, I'm not mad at fredskinz or any other member over this. I just wanted to posit that I'd like to see the pick-up thread to be a place to show off new additions to the collection, not a showcase for selling. Beach, If you love your Mantle bat today but your circumstances change in two weeks, so be it.

Really, my "anger level" here at that post is about a -2. I made my post to see if a quality discussion could ensue. I couldn't even force a rant out about this if I tried.
    +1