Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

My first Barry Bonds game used bat..

I usually don't collect much but Reds bats and jerseys, but I think after time, Bonds stuff is gonna rebound in a big way. Could be wrong, but I'll chance it. This is a 2007 LS B371 large knob that Bonds ordered towards the end of 07 when he passed up Aaron for all-time HRs. BMH verified this and said this model was based on his SAM bat that he sent them-large knob, etc. 34 inches long and around 32 ounces. Good use. Don't know if it was a bp bat or actually used in a game but it has real good use. Check it out:
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Re: My first Barry Bonds game used bat..

There are times that I wish I was a Bonds collector...

His bats are just so aesthetically pleasing, they look awsome...and would just look amazing displayed in a chronological order on a wall. The tar, elaborate tape, etc. Man, I LOVE the way that bat looks.

There are only a few others that compare - Soriano, Posada and Mark Grace come to mind.

GREAT pickup!
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

awesome bat!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Dave,

I read your post, and I feel the same way. His bats are truly a visual baseball masterpiece. To grab onto a perfectly prepared one and behold it is cool.

But it's kind of like holding a colonoscopy scope in your hands......because of where it came from.

Greg,

I am certain as you are, especially with the fact BMH has verified it, that this bat was made without question for Bonds.

The one thing I find a tad piculiar is the large amount of Pine tar above the handle portion.

Barry preferred the "stick" application of pine tar on his bats directly to the taped handle. This looks more like the "towel" application of pine tar possibly applied by another player who may have used the bat. Add to that the ball marks that are on the right-hand hitting surface of the bat, and it's a head scratcher that this bat was actually weilded only by Barry. But again, maybe he was hitting with it with the label down?

I in no way want to detract from your acquisition. Just food for thought. The bat is truly a beauty, and personally, there is nothing to me better than a Louisville slugger. Nice pick up.

Steve

Sweet looking bat

Like most of his bats, another beauty.

Banned

Sweeeet bat!!!

I was at the game where Bonds hit 756 and what an experience. I was in the 8th row of the left field bleachers. When Aaron was on the big screen it was quiet you could hear a pin drop.

A few weeks later on Barry's web site, he was selling a limited 10 or 15 baseballs with a signed inscreption of 756 and the date. I bought one and my friend bought two.

I've yet to see one of these on the second hand market.

Would love to find a Bonds gamer, but can't find one for a good price.

Bill

Greg what a nice looking bat!!! I wish I had a Bonds Sam Bat. Maybe someday I will get one. Again what a nice pick-up!!!
    Michael T. Neville

My collection of bats,jersey's,ball's,etc.
    http://www.freewebs.com/negleypirate/

I collect game used stuff of Pittsburgh Pirates,Penguins,Steelers and Michael Jordan cards....

mtneville@att.net

4neville4@gmail.com