Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent pick-ups

Re: Recent pick-ups

Dan,

I love it that you have this niche for your collecting focus. Very impressive pieces and so obscure. I can see how it would be fun to find that next treasure. Keep us posted.

Mike H

Banned

The seller advised me that the football originally came from a member of the NY Giants front office staff. As for the actual game, best I can determine, the football came from a pre-season game.

As for the football itself, the scans do not do it justice at all. It is in outstanding condition.

Jim

Thanks Mike....It's a lot harder to find stuff within my focus, but I have a lot less competition for the things I like than you do going after your Cubs pins/Tigers Pennants and Trophies.

Thanks for the info Cohiba - I wonder what was so special that they kept a ball from a preseason game? There has to be a story behind that ball and I bet you could figure out with some research.

I've never owned an inflatable chest protector so I was excited when I saw it! I love the Reach tag too!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

that valley junction pic is great. is there a photographers mark indicating where the team is from? i would be very curious to see if it is from valley junction west des moines. there is a very long history of baseball there. bob feller played for their team as a lad.

cool
    craig

MGH- Love the chest protector. Fantastic! Where did you pick it up from? Congrats!!

-Joe

Craig, I think it's a Pennsylvania team...If I remember correctly I googled for "Campbell and Byers" and came up with a photography studio in PA.

Joe.
    The item actually came from a local estate along with a pair of early football pants. I was told that the item pictured with the chest protector was used to deflate it and flatten it out. I've never heard of such a thing, but it does seem to make sense.
    Matt

Picked up 1962 Broncos helmet.
    Attached Images Attached Images