Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Fred Lynn Orioles - Photo Match?

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    In looking at the pics, I can't see why you'd need anything further than what he gave you.

There is nothing even remotely close in linking those 2 pics to call it a match. The circles you drew show nothing specific nor do they match anything on the jersey in question, aside from a very basic style match.
    For you to say that they're "not remotely close" is absolutely ridiculous...you have zero credibility with that statement…

I agree, the distance from the bottom of the nameplate to the top of the numbering looks more in your jersey than the photo.

also the "Y" in the photo looks much thicker than that on your jersey, do you thinkg?

Quote Originally Posted by beantown View Post
    For you to say that they're "not remotely close" is absolutely ridiculous...you have zero credibility with that statement…
    Look, let me break my response down for you, since you seem to have taken umbrage at it.

When people post a possible photo match, its because there are things in common between the 2 examples that are so close that a reasonable person will sit and examine the 2 to either further prove or disprove the possible relationship.

Your 2 photos show absolutely nothing past a style match. Your drawn circles match up to nothing that the reader could remotely even consider to be a photo match. That is why momen looked and replied not a match - because the response didn't need to progress further than that. There is nothing even remotely close that would identify your jersey as the one in the photo. The circles you drew correspond to nothing that can be seen in the photo, so at best all you have is a style match.

When people post a possible photo match, its because there are things in common between the 2 examples that are so close that a reasonable person will sit and examine the 2 to either further prove or disprove the possible relationship.
    There is nothing in common with the jersey and the photo I posted...are you kidding me?

Your 2 photos show absolutely nothing past a style match. Your drawn circles match up to nothing that the reader could remotely even consider to be a photo match.
    You'll say I have a "style match" but the photo evidence is so conclusive in your mind that you'll say I don't have a "photo match"...how can you definitvley make that statment???

With the poor clarity/angle of the photo, I don't think it can be proven either way.

You don't think there is a striking similarity between the first "N's" in the nameplate and the uniqueness of the angle in the bottom portion of that “N”?

Thre is nothing even remotely close that would identify your jersey as the one in the photo. The circles you drew correspond to nothing that can be seen in the photo, so at best all you have is a style match.
    How can you say there is “nothing remotely” close? Look at the stitching on the orange twill...it appears to stop and start in the same locations...that’s not remotely close?

Your user is "Vintage Deputy"...if you work in law enforcement, I hope you have a desk job or you're retired...I wouldn't want you conducting investigations or testifying in court being that narrow minded....

to me the only thing that matches is the spelling... bet u could find a photo match to a snowflake? just being honest here...

looking again it seems the yearbook photo is a home and yours is a road grey?

Umm, Beantown, why not do a search on the forum and look up how style match and photo match are defined. There is nothing definitive to say this is a photo match. The style is similar, but a photo match is irrefutable which this is not.

As an example, I own two Troy Percival road jerseys from 2005 when he was on the Tigers. He probably didn't have any more than that as we went on the DL in July 2005 for the rest of the year. I have numerous photos of him wearing the Road jerseys. Is he wearing one (or both) of these jerseys in the various photos? More than likely. Can I say they are photomatched? No way. Nothing is discernable which proves that it is one jersey or the other in the photos. Style match - definitely.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

It looks obvious to me. Not a photomatch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I never said this was a photomatch!!!

I am simply refuting vintagedeputies claim that he says its absolutley not a match...