Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Wink Re: Rose 78 Jersey. Dave M..did you authenticate this?

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Wow - what a MUG? Last time I saw a photo like that it was at a Post Office with a "WANTED" caption.
    Believe me, it looks worse now. Yesterday a pit bull ran and hid when he saw me walking down the street.

Dave Miedema

Re: Rose 78 Jersey. Dave M..did you authenticate this?

The seller just emailed me a scan of a checklist-style LOA with "authentic" checked off, signed by Dave (or by someone named "series of loops," can't tell the difference.)

It looks like you did sign off on this, Dave, in 1991.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Banned

Exclamation Re: Rose 78 Jersey. Dave M..did you authenticate this?

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    The seller just emailed me a scan of a checklist-style LOA with "authentic" checked off, signed by Dave (or by someone named "series of loops," can't tell the difference.)

It looks like you did sign off on this, Dave, in 1991.

Ken
    I'd be interested in seeing a copy.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe08 View Post
    What a surprise another supposed expert authenticator out there who makes huge mistakes on an expensive item.It's really convenient Dave you can't remember authenticating that junk Rose jersey now you need to see a copy sounds like your spinning it big time. You have made many mistakes on other high end jerseys in the past tha were brought to light later Reggie Jackson A's jersey does that sound right Dave.
    It sure is nice these days... Being able to type two or three words into Google and getting a world of information and research instantly at your fingertips. Well if you rewind twenty years ago, it was not like that. You had to keep your own records, and if you were lucky, knew a person or two who might have the knowledge you needed -- and you'd place an old-fashioned long distance call to them.

I guarantee you that Dave's personal records and knowledge twenty years ago was right up there with the best -- Lon Lewis, Murf Denny, the Russeks and the Sharons also come to mind....

But what you're saying is akin to comparing the tools a police detective has today versus twenty years ago. You can sit there and point the finger at a detective who could not solve a case twenty years ago, but that same case is easily solved today because of the tools that are available.

Wanting to see a copy of paperwork issued over twenty years ago isn't an unreasonable request, especially considering Dave has looked at literally thousands of jerseys since then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Hey, Kobe, I see you have 12 posts and no name on any of them. Who are you, and what have you done for the hobby??

Ken

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    Hey, Kobe, I see you have 12 posts and no name on any of them. Who are you, and what have you done for the hobby??

Ken

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=43662

Survey says Mike Schultz. I was alerted to this thread this morning by two former forum members both now banned that told me that they personally had emailed the moderating team and Mr. Cavalier well over a year ago with irrefutable evidence that Kobe08 is Mike Schultz the well known bat doctoring seller on ebay that Dave has so graciously pointed out to us in the past for being dirty.

For some unknown reason this guy is still an active member on here and obviously he is now trying to smear Dave due to Dave pointing out his repeated attempts to sell doctored bats over and over and over again.

I have not seen this evidence I can only go on what these two gentlemen have told me.

It certainly makes sense however that Mike is now banging on Dave in this thread.

Perhaps one of the moderators can check into this since apparently it was not done when presented with proof in the past.

BTW, I was also told that this Schultz character had used past forum names that have been banned so that in and of itself is reason to be banned again for registering and using multiple names. Should be pretty easy to solve this one kids.

Joe

I love when sellers do a mismatch of terms. In the tittle he claims it to be game worn, but then in the description he puts that it was certified by Dave as being an authentic. Authentic has many different meaning, none of them being game worn.

Banned

Angry Re: Rose 78 Jersey. Dave M..did you authenticate this?

That letter is mine, but whether the jersey is the one I looked at 21 years ago or not is open to question. I honestly can't recall whether that was the jersey I looked at or if the LOA was switched to another jersey. Also, with no Internet in 1991 and far fewer resources to go by, if I made an error, it was because of lack of resources to refer to. The Reggie Jackson that Mark W. has expounded on repeatedly on this site and the MEARS site was also from an early 1990s examination...something Mark never mentioned when he'd take me to task on it. That one was proven to be an error, and it's possible that this one is as well. If it is, I own the error.

Dave Miedema