Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Theories on Steiner Soriano?

Maybe he knows more than we do. But to me, that 2 just ain't right.

If this jersey were to have come with a "lampson" letter or was being sold by anyone on this forum, this thread would be 1000 pages long with people wanting their head on a platter!! Just proves that Steiner's great marketing has everyone believing that if it's Steiner it must be real !!! There are more people trying to defend Steiner then there are questioning the jersey....interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    If this jersey were to have come with a "lampson" letter or was being sold by anyone on this forum, this thread would be 1000 pages long with people wanting their head on a platter!! Just proves that Steiner's great marketing has everyone believing that if it's Steiner it must be real !!! There are more people trying to defend Steiner then there are questioning the jersey....interesting!
    How right you are.
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Banned

Not entirely true. Steiner has made a handful of mistakes (since taking on the Yankees equipment) that have been documented. Lampson has made a handful of mistakes for each auction he authenticates. Mistakes in the collecting world/hobby happen by all, however, it's how they are resolved that is paramount.

Steiner also has a published phone number, address and support staff. Likewise, when items have been questioned, answers from Bob at Steiner have been provided.

Lampson has NEVER published any contact information, nor will auction houses he works for assist in providing additional insight to his LOA's after the item is questioned.

Great marketing by Steiner? How about simple common sense and being responsive and responsible to your target audience in every possible way?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Also I think everyone is missing a big point here.

You guys are saying that because of Steiners marketing a Soriano Jersey like this gets passed as opposed to if Lampson wrote the letter we would have jumped all over it, but because its Stiener we are defending it.

Think for a second and look at it like this.

With Steiner if the Jersey is or isn't being misrepresented you know it is still a real Jersey coming directly from the Yankees since they have an exclusive contract with the Yankees for there equipment.

Although the exact history of the Jersey of who wore it or when it was worn or was it ever worn is something different!!!

But with Lampson god only knows where the Jersey comes from when he writes a letter.
    It could have been my Grandmothers Jersey that she sewn together and Lampson wrote a letter for it lol lol

I understand your side but comparing Steiner and Lampson is apples and oranges.

Mind you Lampson gets paid to authenticate!!!

Steiner is not an authenticator, they are just a reseller!!!

Huge difference!!!

Lampson was just an example....mind you a bad one. But if I were trying to sell the jersey I would have been crucified. The point I was making is that besides the fact that yes Steiner is a class act and they are exclusive to the Yankees, bottom line is that they are a private company that benefits greatly on "Yankees" products and the more product produced "mo money!!" And as I mentioned before through great marketing we are to believe that because it's Steiner it's the real deal. Steiner is free to sell anything they want, from the Yankees or not and represent it any which way they want. I am not saying nor do I wish to imply that Steiner is misrepresenting any Yankees items.

[quote=suave1477;42335]
    With Steiner if the Jersey is or isn't being misrepresented you know it is still a real Jersey coming directly from the Yankees since they have an exclusive contract with the Yankees for there equipment.

Suave how do "I know", because they are telling me so ? Yes they do have the Yankees deal, but are still free to sell anything they want!!

Banned

JETEFAN well for the simplefact a little thing called a law suit?????

It would be ilegal to advertise and sell something that it really isn't.

Not to mention the Steiner is not some run of the mill mom and pop shop. They are a owned by one of the largest conglomreates in the world.

So if you don't want to believe them, then thats cool more for me lol lol

Hey Suave are they as big as ENRON? .....

Hey Suave are they as big as ENRON? .....
    George,

I suspect that Jason's epistemology is a little different from ours (based on our many discussions over the years, I believe ours are the same or, at least, very similar). As far as I'm concerned, unless you have a true photomatch or the player hands the item to you as he walks off the field, a person cannot know that it was game worn by the player.

As for Steiner, I have simply seen too many items that show little to no wear. I have bought some Steiner items, but have been highly selective. The last Steiner Yankees item I purchased was purported to be a pair of Randy Johnson's game worn pants. However, when I received them, they had another player's uniform number in the strip tag. When I questioned this, it was explained to me that the pants were attributed to Johnson because of their length. That simply was not good enough for me, so I returned them. However, I wish the information about the other player's uniform number had been disclosed up front, or at least explained in the Steiner letter.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.