Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 8D Auction

Re: 8D Auction

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    The confusion is that the original time clock expired at 8:15PM Pacific even though I believe the rules state the initial bid must be placed by 8:00PM Pacific to continue bidding.

Rule #3 copied from their site:

3. In order to be eligible to bid on a particular item while the 15 minute rule is in effect, you must place a bid on that item before the regular session closing time of 8:00 pm PST on the night of the auction close. While the 15 minute rule is designed to make sure no one gets shut out during the closing of an item, in fairness to other bidders you must have expressed interest in a particular item by bidding on it during the regular session to be extended this courtesy.

So hopefully you are correct and their bids are time stamped and they will honor this rule. I do understand how a bidder could be confused as the original clock was set on each auction page to expire at 8:15PM Pacific which could confuse things a bit.

I don't think that that was/is correct. The clocks appeared to be counting the items down individually with a 15min. rule. I won different items at different tines after I was outbid the clock reset to 15 mins and then wen I rebid as the high bidder the clock reset to 15 mins. qnd when nom one went over me after the 15mins, it listed the auction as over with me having winning bid....

Dave

I do understand how a bidder could be confused as the original clock was set on each auction page to expire at 8:15PM Pacific which could confuse things a bit.
    I don't know where you got that information, because it is not correct unless it's some hidden invisible clock.

Both the Pablo Sandoval Gloves and the Dennis Quaid Ball ticked down and CLOSED at 8pm PST (9pm MST). I watched them in real time on line and then refreshed my screen and it showed them as having been WON.

The Koufax jersey ticked down and closed at 8:15 PST (9:15 PST) because it had more than 1 bidder bidding on it. Any other auction that had more than one bidder was automatically extended by 15 minutes. I also watched it tick down, close and tell me I WON.

Then, all of a sudden there is another HOUR on the clock for ALL items and now people are getting sniped.

I truly hope 8D and the builder's of the auction site will get everyone sorted out FAIRLY.

Another thing is it seems to me the clock has not been resetting at all since they tacked that hour on, even though there have clearly been more bids placed.

Seems to me, there is going to be another surprise once this 15 minutes thats currently on the clock expires.

Watch they will decide to end the auction another day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    I don't know where you got that information, because it is not correct unless it's some hidden invisible clock.
    Sorry, I got back after the 8PM Pacific time had passed and saw the clock was set at well over 15 minutes. I posted the auction rules, I didn't know anything was closed and then re-opened.

I'm still high bidder on four of the 20 or so lots I bid on. Only one of them I am the only bidder. I'll update if there is any future activity.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Watch they will decide to end the auction another day.
    All I know - and I think Legal eagle will back me on this - if they don't make this right for the TRUE winners per THEIR rules, they will have a hard time enforcing any of their hardline statements on non paying bidders.

You can't just haphazardly pick and choose which parts of a contract you want to enforce.

Again, we will see what happens when the smoke clears...

If they don't make it right, it will be a HUGE Black Eye on 8D and everyone involved in this auction.

Banned

I'm still high bidder on four of the 20 or so lots I bid on. Only one of them I am the only bidder. I'll update if there is any future activity.
    So as soon as I post this someone bids on the Tarvaris Jackson jersey - So be it. I'm high on three lots now and they are counting down 15 minutes at least.

The lot I am high bidder on and I am the only bidder yet is still open.

Just now my My auction went from 10 min. left to 13 min. left with no additional bidders. What is happening?

Past my bedtime here on the East Coast. Good luck to everyone and I'll continue to apologize for stupidly asking if anyone won anything. I'm a jerk.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection