Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Baseball HOF 2014

Pete Rose was a scumbag who compromised the game of baseball and broke the cardinal rule of gambling on the sport. He knew what he was doing was wrong and illegal. The steroid guys were just keeping up with everybody else and doing something that was not even tested for or considered illegal by MLB, some would argue that MLB even promoted the use.
    Rose should not be let in before the steroid guys.

Pudge is 100% a steroid guy and 100% should be in the Hall. An incredible catcher playing in that Arlington heat every year.

The best of the best go into the Hall of Fame. The steroid guys were the best of the steroid guys. It all sorts itself out. Juan Gonzalez, Albert Belle, Luis Gonzalez, Brady Anderson and on and on, had great years but did not sustain the greatness. Guys like Sheffield, mentally and physically kept at it long enough to become Hall of Famers.

If you are looking for the best of the best, you cannot overlook Pete Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I don't know how long it's been since they voted in three players in a year, but I know they haven't voted in four players since the '50s.

I think Maddux is a lock, and one other - either Glavine, Biggio or Thomas. My preference would be for Biggio. The other two are deserving, but all things considered, I don't believe that more than two will be selected at a time. Maybe they should - I just don't think they will.

If I were the Commissioner of Baseball, my first official act would be to reverse the call that kept Armando Galarraga from his Perfecto. My second would be to clear the way for Pete Rose to do or be anything in Baseball he wanted. My third would be to inform the HOF that the day Barry Bonds is installed there, their ties to MLB would be irrevocably dissolved.
    In 1999 - you had Ryan, Brett and Cepeda... not sure if three have gone in together since then...

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    In 1999 - you had Ryan, Brett and Cepeda... not sure if three have gone in together since then...
    Yes, and it seems ridiculous to me. Look at football, inducting 10 at a time, if they are deserving. I don't get the restrictions they have, max votes, etc. It ultimately will cost deserving guys that get overlooked unfairly....

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Pete Rose was a scumbag who compromised the game of baseball and broke the cardinal rule of gambling on the sport. He knew what he was doing was wrong and illegal. The steroid guys were just keeping up with everybody else and doing something that was not even tested for or considered illegal by MLB, some would argue that MLB even promoted the use.
    Rose should not be let in before the steroid guys.

Pudge is 100% a steroid guy and 100% should be in the Hall. An incredible catcher playing in that Arlington heat every year.

The best of the best go into the Hall of Fame. The steroid guys were the best of the steroid guys. It all sorts itself out. Juan Gonzalez, Albert Belle, Luis Gonzalez, Brady Anderson and on and on, had great years but did not sustain the greatness. Guys like Sheffield, mentally and physically kept at it long enough to become Hall of Famers.

It's a joke if you have a ton of roiders in the game and not the Hit King. Guys like Bonds tarnished the game for the all-time greats. If you have a kid and he looks in a sports almanac he's going to think Bonds, Sosa and McGwire were better than players like Ruth, Mantle and Mays. Its idiotic to say let the roiders in and you keep Rose out. Petes actions didn't change the outcome of any games while the history of the game was changed by men who cheated it by using roids.

as I said....Maddux, Glavine and Thomas....

I think Biggio has a better shot than Thomas this year, the others I agree with though.

its been announced
    Biggio 74.8% did NOT get in

Damn. So he missed it by .2?

Ok, I can handle being wrong by .2 I guess. I thought Frank might be next year, glad he got in though.

Has anyone ever paid the membership fee to the Hall of Fame to get seated in the reserved section for the induction. The low price is $500 but I am seriously considering it. How does it work, first come first served except for the family seating and such? How early can you show up to sit In the reserved section so you can get close?

Thanks!