Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Experts on Michael Jordan game used tagging?

sorry. Here's a bigger one of the tagging.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You are good to go. the "FTPS" suffix all but confirms their authenticity. the "PS" at the end stands for "Player Sample", this I am 100% sure of. I've got a few pictures of other MJ game/used with the same tagging if you would like to see them.

-Mike
    **ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Banned

Yea, please do. How are you 100% sure? LMK. Thanks,
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com

Banned

Please let me know if you guys agree with Cammy Collector about the tags being legit for a pair of Jordan game used shoes? Is the FTPS correct for being Player Sample only? Cammy Collector if you could show me some other examples I would really appreciate it. Thanks Guys.
    Greg
    biggamebird@yahoo.com

Banned

I still need help in knowing if the tagging-see picture-means these 1996 shoes were made for Jordan? Does the SAMPLE FTPS mean Player sample only? Cammy Collectors believes it makes them legit. Anybody else? Please help if you know. Thanks,
    Greg

Greg,

sorry for taking so long to respond, I was away from my home computer with no access to my saved pictures. Here's what I've got for you. Again, I know for a fact that "FTPS" designates a pair as "Player Sample's", I can't vouch for anything being game used, however.

description of the following pictures...

1.) Un-used Jordan XI's in the "Columbia" colorway, made for Mike
    2.) Special box tag for the above sample pair
    3.) FTPS tag for above pair

4.) FTPS tag for Jordan XI's in the "black/varsity red" colorway, made for MJ

5.) Authenticated pair of Jordan XI's in the "Concord" colorway (same as the pair in question), again made for MJ
    6.) FTPS tag for the above, authenticated, auto'd (UDA) pair

If it helps, Jordan/Nike samples are almost ALWAYS made in a size 9 (most popular men's size). Regardless, a regular sample would never have the "FTPS" designation as that is reserved for player samples. Hope that helps!

-Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    **ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Banned

It does help. I've researched a ton the last two weeks about Game used Jordan shoes, and I agree with ya now. In fact, what I found was that the dating code on his supposed game used shoes is exactly the same as the tagging and dating codes on his retail shoes. It only makes sense that an FTPS (player sample) would only be put on his shoes and not the retail shoes. When I first told the guy selling them they weren't real he was pissed. He said Charles Oakley got these from MJ right after a game, he signed them, gave them to Oakley, and Oakley gave them to me. They have to be real! Anyway, I apologized and bought them later when I found out the truth about Air Jordan shoe tagging. I'm not saying real MJ game used shoes can't have the dating code-they can-but I prefer the FTPS sample tagging since you'll never see those at retail stores. Thanks guys.
    Greg