Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: June Pick Ups

Re: June Pick Ups

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    1986 Danny Heep orange ring post season bat (NLCS).

113B DH stamped on the knob.

Just a little trivia from Wiki-pedia but Danny Heep was the only DH in World Series history with the initials DH.
    Sweet Bat! Starting to get that great patina. Oh, can't wait 'til my 90s collection starts showing more age. But then so many of my bats are black ... sigh. Nice bat!

Quote Originally Posted by bottomofthe9thonline View Post
    I purchased this amazing game used home plate from Yankee Stadium from Shafran Collectibles and had it signed yesterday by Mariano Rivera!!!
    WHOA! Now THAT could make me want a Yankees item in my collection! That gets my vote for Best of Show for signed Yanks items. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by shoremen44 View Post
    2008 Adam Jones
    2009 Brian Roberts
    1922 sidewritten "1922 Baltimore Maryland" bat
    What's happened while I was away from the computer? Man, are you guys posting some great finds. And talk about patina ... a 1922 sidewritten H&B is a thing of beauty all in its own class. Can I get you guys to put me in your wills?

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    Tugs' brother Hank McGraw game used bat. Henry "Hank" McGraw helped get Tug into the Majors. This was a very cool find for me. Nice addition to the Tug collection. Wonder if theres a possibility that Tug used this bat...... hhhhhmmmmmmmm.....
    Oh stop! This stuff is so fine fellas! If I had a glove on, I'd be slappin' it on my thigh like Tug! I didn't realize he had a brother in baseball. Guess I'll have to Wiki that tonight. How did you ever locate that? Tug was the definition of joy in baseball. If you ever need a home for that bat .....

Quote Originally Posted by MUSEOVEN View Post
    Venezuela Team Of The World Baseball Classic ( Andres Galarraga, Antonio Armas, Luis Sojo, Melvin Mora, Miguel Cabrera, Jose Lopez, Marco Scutaro, Luis Maza, Cesar Izturis, Ramon Hernandez, Max Ramirez, Henry Blanco, Magglio Ordonez, Endy Chavez, Gregor Blanco, Bob Abreu, Gerardo Parra, Armando Galarraga, Carlos Silva, Ivan Blanco, Carlos Vasquez, Victor Moreno, Victor Zambrano, Joel Hernandez, Enrique Gonzalez, Orber Moreno And Ramon Ramirez).-
    Museoven ~ As a new member, I really don't know much about you, but you have such a fine, fine collection! I think they should build a museum for your and make you President!

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    Oh stop! This stuff is so fine fellas! If I had a glove on, I'd be slappin' it on my thigh like Tug! I didn't realize he had a brother in baseball. Guess I'll have to Wiki that tonight. How did you ever locate that? Tug was the definition of joy in baseball. If you ever need a home for that bat .....
    Thanks. It was pure luck. Right place at the right time. I am building a Tug McGraw collection for my daughter. She is a huge Tim McGraw fan (Dads way of creating a sports hobby for her ). So far she has shown great interest for a 7 year old. She was thrilled when I brought home Polancos home jersey with Tug patch from last months Hunt auction. Pretty sure I have it photo matched.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bill Heagy
    heagysports.com
    Go Phillies !

Quote Originally Posted by b.heagy View Post
    ... I am building a Tug McGraw collection for my daughter. She is a huge Tim McGraw fan (Dads way of creating a sports hobby for her )
    When I run across it, I have a card signed by Tug. Only one I have. And I would be proud to send it to her for her collection. You're a great dad!

What's happened while I was away from the computer? Man, are you guys posting some great finds. And talk about patina ... a 1922 sidewritten H&B is a thing of beauty all in its own class. Can I get you guys to put me in your wills?
    when I go... the bat is yours
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    amazing ring. i really like your collection. how do you display your stuff?
    THANKS.. RIGHT NOW I AM WORKING IN MY DISPLAY, LET ME TAKE SOME PICTURES AND POST..

Quote Originally Posted by cordovacollector View Post
    Museoven ~ As a new member, I really don't know much about you, but you have such a fine, fine collection! I think they should build a museum for your and make you President!
    THANKS