Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: My collection, hopefully some HOF's here.

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcurtain58 View Post
    Hi guys,
    It's been awhile since I posted. Just wanted to let you guys know I got an amazing couple of packages in the mail this weekend. Will def post as soon as I have time and if there is interest. Seems some don't care one way or the other. But also some really enjoy seeing some of this gear.....

Hints....
    1st package is a GU jersey of one of my all time favorite players. Still playing but a sure lock for the HOF. The only debate is first year of eligibility or second. I may def be wrong but I have not seen ANY of his legitimate jerseys or helmets out there for sale. I know of a couple buried deep in private collections. I have many keeping their eye open for me. Unfortunately , I may have been bidding against myself in essence....those looking for me. Oh well, happy to have it. Was a reasonable price due to the fact it's the first legitimate one I've seen up for auction.

2nd package... Completes my current HOF QB run. Again, the player himself leaves a bad taste just to have it in this house. But then again I have a ray Lewis jersey. So.... Also, has decent wear and is aesthetically a very nice jersey to look at. I see maybe less than one of his jerseys come up per year. In regards to shill bidding...not in this auction because my limit was way higher than what I paid. But then again wasn't going to lose this jersey. We've all debated whether we wanted his jersey but now I have all of the HOF qbs I
    wanted. Too bad the Montana was pulled from Goldin.

If you know my history it should be very easy to guess both. Or else I'd give away a lesser known gu jersey to the first correct guess. It's pretty cool looking at them knowing they've gone at it and these jerseys have collided. No
    love lost. Any guesses, if u want?
    Polumalu and Rodgers?

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcurtain58 View Post
    Oh ken,
    Sorry that I didn't spend as much this time. These two kinda emptied me. I felt bad so i bought a higher end jersey that I didn't really need at the last minute. But I can def use it and it was a good deal.
    Talk to you soon, oh, I may have some consignments tho I think I've only sold one jersey ever....prob 20 yrs ago.
    I will be applying for some Obama Bucks as a easily of your paltry invoice this auction

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    I will be applying for some Obama Bucks as a easily of your paltry invoice this auction
    'as a RESULT'
    stupid autocorrect on ipad

Steelcurtain58. Shoot me an email when you have a chance. Thanks
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    Steelcurtain58. Shoot me an email when you have a chance. Thanks
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    Hi Paul,

I sent you an email earlier today. Whenever you have the chance to look it over.

You guys are sharp but no one has gotten them yet. I'm surprised.
    Steeler fans...should def figure both out. C'mon guys.

Looks like a couple friends of mine "stole" them and they say are playing a game with them on to add wear. I'm absolutely just kidding. Tho they have turned up missing cause everyone was over today.

Solar...what's up? I pretty much don't email. I dont want to give the impression that I post to sell or entertain offers. Which someone got waaay carried away with accusations that really soured me from posting here.

So I can't take pics tonight because they're "missing". Anyone need 2 friends I'm planning on giving away? Ha.

Keep guessing...if you want. Sad that Steeler fans can't figure it out.
    Thx for the kind words.

Troy Polamalu and Tom Brady the Steelers Killer.

Update...on the fitgerald jersey.

Spoke with the NFL regarding the l Fitzgerald jersey purchased as GU when at best it's game issued. No problem at all. Great guy. Well handled. And immediately resolved. He's def someone I would hire to work/represent me. He immediately put the gears in motion for a full refund. They offered a refund or we could work out a price as game issued. Not interested in any issued although i thought about giving it as a gift. It's tailored and pretty sharp looking.

Soooo, just waiting on the return of the jersey form the refund. Couldn't have gone smoother and will def bid again although at first I had my doubts.

Also, may have something to do with I've donated a small house or a nice supercar to the NFL charities. I got to cut back.

Thanks all for the help. ESP Paul (solar lottery) and Jason Williams.

Bigben7,
    Nailed it. I got to get some pics up. They're just laying on a chair but can't help but think of the times Troy leaping over the line and grabbing lil Tommy by his neck.

Please post some pictures of the Troy jersey. That is the holy grail for modern Steelers collectors. A great pickup!