Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Do Not Buy From Authentic Sports Inc.....

Silver-
    Was the Montana sent via U.S. Mail?

If so, file a formal complaint with your local post office (mail fraud). You paid for an item, however, never received it or received a different item. It will take about 15 minutes, and they will open an official complaint/claim.

Likewise, send a copy to ASI and let them know you will be contacting the Attorney General in their state.

I had a similar situation with an Ebay seller, and thank goodness he sent my item via U.S. Mail. I was informed by our Postmaster General that the seller had commited Interstate Mail Fraud-a Felony. When I sent a copy of my paperwork to the seller, he immediately (within an hour) agreed to refund my entire purchase price via PayPal.

Good luck.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Yes, I believe he did use USPS. If I have to pursue that path, I will. I will sue him for breach of contract, fraud, theft, etc. Hopefully, though, ASI will do the right thing and refund the purchase. It's just incredible to me that they have stiff armed me like this. Thanks for your help.
    --Steve

It seems Brian needs someone to show up on his doorstep and give him a little motivation to refund peoples money. If that was my money I was out I would certainly do it. It wouldn't just be about the money but the the principal about the whole way he has handled the situation.

Todd

steve,

i think howard's idea regarding pursuing mail fraud charges is an excellent one. after already having waited 6 weeks, i'm not sure what you have to lose by pursuing it.

MAIL FRAUD - 18 U.S.C. 1341, makes it a Federal crime or offense for anyone to use the United States mail in carrying out a scheme to defraud.

A person can be found guilty of that offense only if all of the following facts are proven: First: That the person knowingly and willfully devised a scheme to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false pretenses, representations or promises; and Second: That the person used the United States Postal Service by mailing, or by causing to be mailed, some matter or thing for the purpose of executing the scheme to defraud.

here's a helpful link which includes a way to file online!:

https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/welcome.htm

rudy.

ok I finally recieved the hat today. On the box it says that it was sent out on November 15th, which was the day I had left negative feedback and made this post.

do they have a website?

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    do they have a website?

www.authenticsportsinc.com

For those who were following my own ASI saga (and providing helpful advice), here's an update. Brad Wells called me yesterday and apologized profusely. He's sending the refund right away and after talking to his secretary today I was informed they are throwing an item as a courtesy. While very late to respond, I am satsified that they are at least trying to make things right. Moreover, his secretary, who apparently is new to the organization, is making an effort to improve their customer relations. I hope this will improve things for ASI. While I will not endorse their game used operations, I do think the company offers legit autographed products at decent prices. If their customer service can be shored up, I will consider continuing to do business with them (for autographed items). Thanks again to all who offered support. I wouldn't be surprised if the discussion on this forum caught Brad's attention and helped get my situation resolved favorably.
    --Steve

Quote Originally Posted by silverschmidts View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the discussion on this forum caught Brad's attention and helped get my situation resolved favorably.
    --Steve
    That's great. If this is the case, perhaps Mr. Wells could read the threads on revealing his conflicts of interest in the items he's authenticating at auction which he has had a financial interest in.

Every one of my emails to Historic Auctions about this subject and specific items in their auction has been ignored.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...