Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Dustin Pedroia bat on ebay

I think everyone will agree on this. If you are not confident with the bat don't bid on it. Its the best advice anyone has given me when it come to game used.

Sorry for the delayed response guys, i am the seller of this bat. I didnt realize this thread was started, i was still waiting for a response to my thread about this, but anyway i bought the bat straight from bob at steiner last week, im sure its legit because why steiner and mlb both be wrong? bob told me they only got in two pedroia bats and this was the only one left. i can answer anymore questions if you have any.

I also saw the other SSK (broken in 2) bat Bob had at Steiner and passed. I was unable to find any photo of him with an SSK. I have also seen other sox players (especially cash), using pedroia's bats since they are small. I have also seen an MLB holo authenticate a bat based on the name on the bat, NOT the guy who broke it. I suspect (have not witnessed) that they might even pick up a BP bat by mistake since they simply tag everything after the game that has been put aside.

So unless someone finds video of Pedey with an SSK, I am a bit too worried about this one. In any case, the resale value will always be higher for his typical M9.

Matt

Im looking at photos on getty images on pedroia and dont see him with any tape on his bats,maybe we can have kyle get on this and check it out?

does the pine tar job look like pedroias?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield11 View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response guys, i am the seller of this bat. I didnt realize this thread was started, i was still waiting for a response to my thread about this, but anyway i bought the bat straight from bob at steiner last week, im sure its legit because why steiner and mlb both be wrong? bob told me they only got in two pedroia bats and this was the only one left. i can answer anymore questions if you have any.
    I highly doubt MLB was handed this bat directly from Pedroia. It is more likely this bat was in an area of the clubhouse with other bats waiting to be holo'd by MLB. Steiner is handed items from the Red Sox after authenticated by MLB and then their job is to sell them. I would be shocked if either entity looked into whether Pedroia actually used this bat. To say its legit because Steiner and MLB says so is very shortsighted(in my opinion). Several posters(including myself) have expressed doubt that Pedroia has used this model bat in a game. That's not even getting into the tape on the knob which hasn't been seen in 2 years and the apparent lighter than usual pine tar application. It is most likely a Pedroia model bat used by another player or in BP.