Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 2012 collecting goals

as always im looking to add to my David Justice collection. I was fortunate to add some very nice pieces in 2011, and i hope that it continues throughout 2012. I've been trying to hunt down an A's gamer for years now with not much luck. I hope to track one down this year and get it added to my collection.
    Always buying David Justice items

I managed to get a GU hit ball that was hit by Joe Benson for his 2nd MLB hit (of course the players always get their 1st hit), and it happens to be his 1st career double.

I have followed Joe Benson a little over the last few years and like his skills and what he brings to the table for the Twins so now I am trying to look for items from Mr. Benson. In particular it would be cool to get the bat he used for the hit. But that is unlikely. We'll see!

Have found some awesome stuff collecting in the era my kids will remember forever, but I've been hoping for the same thing for myself since I started collecting. A nice 70s Bench bat.

plettner@fuse.net

I was able to mark a lot of bats off my want list in 2011. In 2012 if I could land a mothers day bat from a Mariners player I would be pretty happy!

Best of luck to you all in your hunt!

1. Dan Marino jersey
    A jersey or helmet from anyone who went to WIU. Ed Hartwell, aaron stecker, mike scifres, bryan cox(dolphins) jason williams, rick or paul reuschel, frank winters, don beebe, rodney harrison, mike wagner, fabien bownes, frisman jackson, gunnard twyner, etc.

Carl Edwards did a ford promo with the dolphins and they gave him a edwards dolphins jersey. that jersey.

im sure i could think of more if i sat here long enough

Kevin Kolb game used Arizona Cardinals helmet. Also game used football in a game he played.

I cannot afford any dreams for 2012 or 2013, for that matter. I just drained the bank on SF Giants stuff. Then, just to make sure, I bought a Manny Ramirez jersey from BallParkHeroes. It's already en route--and so is a restraining order from the Mrs. Honestly I am lucky to have her but she is still working on the "collecting" concept.

Dave Silverbrand

Looking to add to my football jersey collection

1. Larry Allen

2. Demetrius Williams

3. Derek Landri

4. T.J. Ward
    Ricardo Montoya

ri.montoya at yahoo dot com

Would love to pick up a game-used, signed rookie bat of Robinson Cano in the next year.
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

A year ago I was just 3-4 months into the hobby.

I said that I wanted to get UNC items--I ended up with two pairs of game worn basketball shoes(Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington), a Vince Carter Raptors jersey, and 2 football jerseys(Ronald Curry and Brandon Tate).

I said that I want my first Braves jersey and more bats--I ended up with 6 jerseys(Chipper Jones, Brian McCann, Jeff Franceour(2), Jair Jurrjens, and Nate Mclouth) and 6 bats(Jeff Franceour(2), Andruw Jones, Troy Glaus, and Matt Diaz(2))

I also said that I hoped to get some items in person as well--I ended up with a Dwight Howard jersey and countless pairs of UNC football gloves. Unfortunately, Bryce Harper promised me a bat and didn't deliver...

Lastly, I said that I'd really like to get a Griffey bat or jersey and anything Hakeem Nicks--none of which I have been able to acquire...yet!

What a great year of collecting I had!