Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Fred Lynn Red Sox Jersey - Thoughts?

Interested in fellow forum members thoughts on this 1977 Fred Lynn Game Used Red Sox Jersey....please let me know...thanks...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: Fred Lynn Red Sox Jersey - Thoughts?

Can anyone offer any insight on this '76 Jersey having a "blue border" on the year and manufacturer tag vs. '77 that does not?

http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/L...px?lotid=17711

Beantown, The blue border tags actually made their first appearance in 1974, and were in full production in 1975. Without getting into the legitimacy of the jersey shown, it should be noted that during the '70's and 80's anyone could obtain from McAuliffe/Stahl and Dean completely tagged jerseys of any of the teams that were produced by that company and after the '70's, those jerseys would as a general rule contain the borderless mfr tag.

lon so are you saying that the 77 yaz in lelands that sold was not correct? can anyone else confirm what lon is saying? I have not heard that but lon I would love to hear your thoughts on the yaz shirt in particular. Also I have seen a 74 yaz road with no blue in the neck are you saying that jersey is questionable as well?

May 2008 Catalog Sports Baseball Equipment Lot 195. 1977 Carl Yastrzemski Autographed Game Worn Home Jersey. Lon take a look and let me know. Are you saying that this is common knoweldge or is this your opinion about the border? Can anyone confirm this?

Lon what about 1980 Tony Armas, 1977 Ted Williams, also Lelands past auction? Lon if this is in fact a fact and not your opinion can you provide information such as order forms a book that shows you could order them something more than a statement that would backup your position? Otherwise the statement is harmful toward pieces. If it is indeed true then wouldn't major auction houses know this and not make the same mistake for years?

lon one final point you say after the "70ties" the jerseys did not contain the blue so that would mean 1980 on? So are you saying that McAulliffe went back and issued a 1977 jersey in 1980 without the blue can you please clarify as I am sure there are many collectors who would like to know.

Bosox, I believe I covered/ re-covered everything you requested in my response to your email.

Yes Mr. Lewis thanks. I tend to disagree with your position regarding the lack of blue in the neck tagging from 75-78 for Red Sox Jerseys being a tell tale sign of it being a retail but I do appreciate your info.

The fact that there are no order forms, no evidence of McAuliffe selling directly to the public other than "word of mouth" and no McAuliffe hoard of borderless McAuliffe jerseys flooding the marletplace I tend to think that it is a simple label varation.

This reminds me of the "strip tagged" argument on majestic jerseys in 2005 and we have seen traded players, late season call ups, players who swaped numbers where there is no strip tag but the correct wash tag and the shirt came directly from the player, team or steiner. I

i believe lon when he says that..........if you look at the yaz jersey it looks brand new.. back then they got 4 roads and 4 homes for the whole year...i checked my 75 rick miller, it has the blue border and it has some great use.... learn from the ones that wanna share knowledge....