Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: O/T (sort of) - What's your greatest baseball memorabilia score?

I bought a 1931 Notre Dame signed football from a guy off of Craigslist in Chicago for $340 shipped and sold it for $4,031 on eBay 38 days later.

I also bought a 1990 UNLV Championship Team signed Official NCAA Basketball for $45 and sold it on eBay for $1200 a few months later.

Those two have to be the best flips I have made. Very cool hearing everyone's stories, thanks for sharing.

Josh

Way back in the day I had the baseball address list book and I was looking up Devon Whites address to send him some card TTM to get signed and one of the addresses around his name looked familiar, it looked like an address in the senior community that my grandfather lived in so I asked him about it and he stopped by the address on one of his afternoon walks.

Turns out this was Donald White who played for the Philadelphia Athletics back in the late 40's. He had just recently passed away and his widow gave my grandfather a baseball to give to me. a 1948 Philadelphia Athletics team ball signed by the likes of Connie Mack and Al Simmons etc.

Unfortunately the ball was stolen by someone who I thought was a friend many years ago but it was pretty awesome to own that in my early teen years!

Doesn't get much better than "Free 99"

Won an auction from the Rays back in 2009. Was supposed to have Game worn catcher's gear from Michel Hernandez, mask, 2 shins guards and chest protector. All were MLB authenticated for $120 total. Thought that was a good deal for game sued photomatched and mlb authenticated cather's gear (each piece), but the icing was the item below...

THe Rays forgot to mention in the auction title AND description his cather's helmet was included AND MLB authenticated. Had the helmet autographed by Michel this year in superb silver sharpie. Had help running down Michel from a friend of his, very nice guy indeed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Talking Re: O/T (sort of) - What's your greatest baseball memorabilia score?

I made a trade with a game-used dealer not known for being a very good researcher (no, it wasn't Wayne Otto) and picked up a 1973 Red Sox road knit of who he perceived to be Rick Burleson, despite the fact that Orlando Cepeda had signed it. I saw the difference in sizing between Burleson (a diminutive guy), and the jersey (a 44) and pulled the trigger. In short, I spent about $125 in merchandise on a genuine '73 Cepeda jersey (which I've seen in a couple of major auction since).

Dave Miedema

Banned

Purchased a Mickey Mantle autographed jersey on eBay for the BIN price of 750.00.

Sold it a few months later for 3400.00.

Re: O/T (sort of) - What's your greatesat baseball memorabilia score?

I have 4 really good scores-these were all several years ago
    a pair of 85 Ryan Game used cleats from his son Reese $75

an 80's Reggie Jackson Angels road that the guy thought was a replica, he didnt believe me when i told him it was real so i paid $115

a mid 70's Ryan Angels that was a size 46(later confirmed that he wore that size because he would gain weight for the number of innings he pitched) for $600

A a game used Biggio autographed and uncracked from a dealer for new york who did know how tough his stuff was at the national of $75

Re: O/T (sort of) - What's your greatesat baseball memorabilia score?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSharon View Post
    A a game used Biggio autographed and uncracked from a dealer for new york who did know how tough his stuff was at the national of $75
    Who did know? And he still sold it to you for $75?!?! Wow.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

should be didnt sorry for the type o

The always talked about but rarely ever seen Game Used & inscribed
    Home Run Bat. McGwire was known to give away HR notated bats to friends, family, and teammates. They never pop up for sale. In all my years of tracking his memorabilia since I first joined the Internet back in 99, I have seen only 3 that I can recall and 2 of them are in the HOF and the other belongs to Jeff Scott of bird bats.

I got my greastest score by Trading 2500$ and a signed game issued 98 McGwire bat in return for such a bat

Used to Hit Career HR 576 on August 21,2001 in Cinncinatti off of
    Juan Acevedo. It was then signed and inscribed by Mac and given to fellow Teammate Relief Pitcher Steve Klein. Klein gave the bat to a dealer friend who also resided in the small farm town out in the boondocks of Prnnsylvania.*
    I made the 3 Hr trip by car to make the deal in person.*

Here is a link to the video highlight of the HR
    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...e8-21-01-1.mp4

Banned

Exclamation Re: O/T (sort of) - What's your greatest baseball memorabilia score?

A weird set of transactions regarding a mid-1990s Sammy Sosa GU HR baseball:

I bought the ball from the guy who chased it down on the street for $20.

I sold it to a collector for $300.

8 years later, I bought it back from the SAME collector for $76 (via eBay).

Shortly after that, I sold it again to a different collector, again for $300.

I wonder how soon I'll see it on eBay a second time?

Dave Miedema