Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

remove sharpie from base

I had Mariano Rivera sign my '13 all star base today and at some point it got a stray sharpie mark. Any idea how I could get it off?

Re: remove sharpie from base

I'm not sure but just be careful because the item isn't smooth and you don't want to damage the base maybe contact schutt bases or whoever makes the base or even a ground crew member they might know

Good luck
    Josh

How was the signing? I was thinking of going and getting my pitching rubber signed by him. But things came up and dint have the extra $400 right now.

Got two "pitched" ball signed by Mo. Both of them are foul tip and in a game that he got a save.

Didn't really want to put the "game used" or "save #" - since it is redundant and so over-used by Steiner already.

It was nice to meet him but you weren't at the table for more then two seconds before they ushered you away. God forbid you tried to take a photo you had five guys screaming at you. I understand there was a lot of people there but for $400 I cant take a photo with the guy?!

Check out this link

http://www.ehow.com/how_5814677_remo...er-rubber.html

I think you might just want to leave it alone

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 64SHEA View Post
    It was nice to meet him but you weren't at the table for more then two seconds before they ushered you away. God forbid you tried to take a photo you had five guys screaming at you. I understand there was a lot of people there but for $400 I cant take a photo with the guy?!

I went with a couple friends who spend $4k to get stuff signed and they could care less about the pictures. And that was some awesome investment for them. They got game used galore - both home and away jerseys, fitted hats, pitching rubbers, cleats and pitching gloves. $400 per signature with inscription - that was cheap! And all the stuff got signed, the value just increase significantly.

Just imagine they allow pictures and so forth - how much longer would you be waiting on line?

If you really want to have that "special" moment - how about spending $2500 or so to one of those meet and greet? You can have like two minutes of his valuable time.

One thing I will never understand though - why would you want to get a generic baseball signed? or any type of pictures? These are a dime a dozen with COA and so forth. If you planning to get something sign by Mariano or any hard to get player, make it worth while. Not with some random junk.

Would love to see a photo of your base.
    -Bottom of the 9th Sports Memorabilia

" $400 per signature with inscription - that was cheap! "

Oh for the "good ole days". $25 for Mantle in 88, $17 for Reggie Jackson in 89. Lol. Inflation

$400 for an autograph is a rip off especially when he signed hundreds at every stadium he visited last year.