Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Let's have a discussion/opinions please...How much is too much?

I have 12 Steve Young game worn jerseys as well as 11 Ricky Watters gamers and I am always looking to add more!!! My internal conflict is based on how much to spend for additional shirts that pop up. At this point in time I cannot justify spending huge amounts to add additional Young or Watters gamers unless they are specific shirts I have been looking for. If I had endless funds though I would add almost any legit Young or Watters gamer that popped up for sale.

Always looking to purchase 49er gamers!!!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    I have 12 Steve Young game worn jerseys as well as 11 Ricky Watters gamers and I am always looking to add more!!! My internal conflict is based on how much to spend for additional shirts that pop up. At this point in time I cannot justify spending huge amounts to add additional Young or Watters gamers unless they are specific shirts I have been looking for. If I had endless funds though I would add almost any legit Young or Watters gamer that popped up for sale.

Always looking to purchase 49er gamers!!!
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    Holy Hannah! I need to see a pic with all 12 young jerseys shown at the same time. Who needs to watch the super bowl tomorrow? I could stare at that pic for 4 hours!

Any Amp Lee jerseys? Alan

Ken,
    Ha. Very nice. And you're correct. One of a few i have my eye on. Tho I seem to be spending a lot lately.

I'll chime in because I have a player collection... No surprise, it's John Olerud.

I set out to collect 1 of every style jersey he wore on field with the Mets. That said, he wore 12 different style jerseys... and after a long journey, I have 11 of the 12. Do the Mets wear far too many jersey styles? Probably. Is this collection excessive? Probably.

...but it was fun to collect and at this point I think it's such a nice collection that I prefer not to do anything with it.

I did have doubles of 2 styles, and have since sold them... so I do have my limits :-)
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

My sense is one cannot have too much of one player or team that he/she is passionate about. I visit my memorabilia room at least once a day…enjoy the helmets and jerseys displayed…move some around pairing different gamers and then typically once a day look at various sites for new gamers. My dilemma is I'm running out of room. I started collecting ACC helmets…then SEC and now focused on NFL…too many teams, too many variations…my shelves runneth over so I've began reducing some of my less favorites…in the end to each his own and what his "bride" can support.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

I have 14 game worn Ray Bourque and 8 Cam Neely game worn Boston Bruins jerseys and am always looking for more so I guess that's not quite enough just yet!

12 steve young gamers? Wow and awesome. You have def cornered the market and can name your own price. Back then I don't think they wore a new jersey every game. So how many do you think are out there?
    It would be great to see a pic of all 12 together. I don't think im alone in saying that.

Now I've got Peytons Indy home and away and also Peytons Denver home and away jersey. Also his Indy GU helmet. I thought that was a bit much but apparently I'm not even close.

Guys, share some more stories in what isn't too much.
    Thx

I would be more than willing to take any of your "extra" steeler game items off of you. Seem hard to find and I have gotten my hands on a few different items. Love this side of the hobby but there just isn't the availability I would like.

If you want to move any, please email me at jared_stupsky@yahoo.com

I try to limit my collection to what I have space to display. If that's not an issue for you, I think it would be great to have one away and one home jersey of my favorite football player from each team he played for (unless it's a place I'd want to forget - like Favre and the Jets). For Manning, that would mean four jerseys. Next up would be alternates. Less important to me.

For baseball, I would ideally have one home and away jersey for each style worn during a player's career - meaning if there were six different home and away styles over his career, I would try to get those 12 jerseys. I could go as far as trying to get a home and away for every year he played. Again, alternates are less important to me, and I feel they are a little gimmicky.

On top of all of this, the pinnacle would be to add playoff, all-star/pro-bowl, and milestone jerseys.

Esquire,
    You're correct. Now I have four mannings and a helmet. Does Indy have a throwback or are they the throwback? Bruce Harper I think I have 4 or 5 but I do like him. That's why it was a lot of work to meet with him privately. Good guy. Not the attitude that u see in the press at all.

Jared,
    You're right. Pitt is very hard to come by. So that tells me I do have too much. It's like baskets of laundry now. I've got a great idea for a display room. You know you have too much when you start turning down Pitt jerseys.

On the other hand I remember when a Brady fan posted something like 7 different Brady jerseys....from Michigan up to now with throwbacks. Although they weren't GU the display looked awesome. Almost something to strive for. But impossible for Pitt players.

Solar, it'd be great if you could post all 12 youngs together. Impressive.

Nnunnari, what's the working website for the gwynn collection?