Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: What item(s) have you been waiting forever to surface?

Still searching for game-used bats, jerseys or other equipment from players on the classic Kansas City Royals teams. Have bats from Brett, McRae, White and Porter, a Wilson jersey (found on this site), and a Busby warm-up jacket. Still looking for something from: Mayberry, Patek, Rojas, Otis, Leonard, Cowens, Splittorff and Gura. Also, not game-used, but a 1977 team-signed ball. Any ideas?....

Email at splinter1941@yahoo if any leads...

Banned

Well you know me any thing Darryl Strawberry related

Posada Catchers Mitt or Helmet

Ralph Houks 1961 Game Used Jersey - Unfortunatley I was out bid on it in a recent auction (which I question that I was outbid)

Jim Leyritz World Series Game Used Catchers Glove which I was out bid on in the Steiner Auction a while back.

IF ANYONE HAS THESE ITEMS AND IS WILLING TO SELL TO ME FOR ABOUT 1/4 THE PRICE YOU PAID, PLEASE LET ME KNOW lol lol just kidding!!

I have 27 of the 28 jerseys that the Toronto Blue Jays have worn in a regular season game.

I've always wanted to track down the 2001 Negro League tribute jersey they wore July 15th at Shea Stadium (that of the Chatham All-Stars).

The Mets sold their entire set on mlb.com; the Jays did not. I found one on Lelands three months after it had sold.

Still check every day.
    Still no luck.

withay,

what 1989-1994 jays jerseys do you have?

rudy.

The Home White (89-96) is a Jimy Williams #3 from 1989
    The Road Grey (89-96) is a Juan Guzman #49 from 1989.
    The Alt Blue (94-96) is a Dick Schofield #22 from 1994.

The only other Negro League tribute jersey the Jays have worn was in 2002 vs. the Red Sox. I've managed to grab three of those, hoping to perhaps sweeten a future trade/sale for the 2001 missing "grail".

Great topic, btw.

One of my interests is in collecting Baseball gear used in movies and television. I've managed to get ahold of a number of cool things over the years, like one of the "Pirates" jerseys and caps worn by Captain Hook's men in the ballgame scene in the movie 'Hook', a bat used in the filming of the classic X-Files episode 'The Unnatural' (it's an old A.J. Reach bat painted, for some reason, grey), Katy Sagal's softball jersey from the Married With Children episode of the same name, a uniform worn by Gena Davis in 'A League of Their Own', a jersey worn by Dean Cain in the short-lived series 'Clubhouse', etc.

Anyway, I'd dearly love to own the bat that Joachim Phoenix used to kill the alien in 'Signs'. That's one broken bat that I definitely would not be glueing back together. The closest I've been able to come so far is a full-sized, beautifully made bat that they gave out to crew members on the film, inscribed with the production company logo...but I would definitely love to get ahold of the real thing.

I can't remember which auction house, but someone recently (maybe even currently) had/has a jersey worn by John Goodman in the movie "The Babe." It's a major auction house...I think.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

I am a Cincinnati Reds collector and a fan of Joe Nuxhall. I have only ever seen (1) one Joe Nuxhall game used jersey and that was owned by Col. Dave Grobe. Another game used Nuxhall jersey or bat (I have never seen one) would be the two items I wonder if they will ever surface.

Greg

A Brian Doyle GU Bat when he was with the Yankees in the late 70s - almost impossible to find..........never seen one...........Jim

A Ted Kluszewski Reds jersey