Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Pujols hits HR #500

Quote Originally Posted by kwitzel View Post
    Wow.... How quickly time has gone since Albert hit HR #1 on April 6, 2001. I thought I would share the line-up card from Albert's first HR of his career.

Thank you,

Karl

Great piece
    Karl!

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    Name the players who declined while using steroids.
    The ones that I personally witnessed you would not know of...which was kind of the point I was making. The steroids are a very small part of the equation and don't create hall of fame talent...certainly an edge can be obtained but hall of fame talent does not come about due to steroids...

Here are some major league names to research that were caught in some respect with PED's........

Chad Allen, Mike Bell, Howie Clark, Chris Donnels, Nook Logan, Bart Miadich, Cody Mckay, Adam Piatt, Adam Riggs, Todd Williams....etc

Jeremy Giambi, Mike Bell.....both had brothers that were major league all-stars....they both used steroids and didn't come close to matching career achievements.

I think each person is entitled to an opinion without it being shameful to do so.What facts do you have to show steroids improves a player to hall of fame talent....I can show you plenty more who used that barely made it to the league....but I would challenge you to be able to prove a Hall of fame type player couldn't have done it without roids......

Quote Originally Posted by dangerzone79 View Post
    For the Pujols fans out there, here's the bat he hit 500 with. Pretty cool.
    He looks Soo Happy & Humble.... Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Great piece
    Karl!
    The early days of the St. Louis Cardinals Winter Warm-up Albert would personalize an item, such as the line-up card. Albert is my favorite player, but as the years past both at the St. Louis Cardinals Winter Warm-up and the signing that Albert use to do in Kansas City the chances of getting an item personalized was a bit tough.

Thank you,

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    The ones that I personally witnessed you would not know of...which was kind of the point I was making. The steroids are a very small part of the equation and don't create hall of fame talent...certainly an edge can be obtained but hall of fame talent does not come about due to steroids...

Here are some major league names to research that were caught in some respect with PED's........

Chad Allen, Mike Bell, Howie Clark, Chris Donnels, Nook Logan, Bart Miadich, Cody Mckay, Adam Piatt, Adam Riggs, Todd Williams....etc

Jeremy Giambi, Mike Bell.....both had brothers that were major league all-stars....they both used steroids and didn't come close to matching career achievements.

I think each person is entitled to an opinion without it being shameful to do so.What facts do you have to show steroids improves a player to hall of fame talent....I can show you plenty more who used that barely made it to the league....but I would challenge you to be able to prove a Hall of fame type player couldn't have done it without roids......
    You may have a point if not for two very glaring things.
    1 We are not clones of one another.
    2 Not all steroids are equal.

And I don't' accept challenges from the delusional.

I thought I would share my very recent Pujols #500 autograph acquisition. Albert has not signed many items associated HR 500, but I was lucky enough purchase this item.

Thank you,

Karl

I thought I would share my very recent Pujols #500 autograph acquisition. Albert has not signed many items associated HR 500, but I was lucky enough purchase this item.

Thank you,

Karl
    Hi Karl, where did you purchase this ticket. Did Pujols do a signing?

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    Hi Karl, where did you purchase this ticket. Did Pujols do a signing?
    It was a private signing that Albert conducted during his recent golf tournament in LA.

Thank you,

Karl

Wow.... How quickly time has gone since Albert hit HR #1 on April 6, 2001. I thought I would share the line-up card from Albert's first HR of his career.

Thank you,

Karl
    Too bad that isn't George Springer's first. It would be worth thousands! LOL