Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

MLB WBC authentication issues

Hi:

Just wondering if anyone has similar issues.

Just received some jerseys from the WBC, and the authentication numbers come back as invalid. E-mailed MLB with photos. Any ideas?

Here is one #: BC 068532

Re: MLB WBC authentication issues

If it's a "not found" response, it often means the numbers have been delayed being put in the database. In the past, this entry time could vary from almost immediate until months late, for such human reasons as whoever
    was prioritizing entries of various things. E-mailing MLB probably has a 50-50 chance of resolving the delay.

What team are the jerseys from? I have seen a few game used bats show up in the mlb database from this years WBC. The players played for Venezuela.

Burgos (PR)
    Deduno (Dom)

Trying to figure out if they were the ones used in the final.

PR items can have crazy delays or just never be entered. I have an item from when the Expos played some home games in PR 10 years ago that arent entered, lol.

I just got a Dominican WBC jersey with the same result -- info not found. Let me know what anyone finds out. I know there was a delay in authenticating the jerseys themselves, according to my Highland Mint Rep.

Anyone have a guess as to how man home jerseys -- for example -- would a player have had in the WBC?

Eureka Dave

Quote Originally Posted by EurekaDave View Post
    I just got a Dominican WBC jersey with the same result -- info not found. Let me know what anyone finds out. I know there was a delay in authenticating the jerseys themselves, according to my Highland Mint Rep.

Anyone have a guess as to how man home jerseys -- for example -- would a player have had in the WBC?

Eureka Dave
    Which jersey did you win? I'm trying to figure out if mine are from the Final...,.

I'm pretty sure the Aussies got issues 2 of each, with 1 pair getting sold and the players getting another pair to keep. Of course they only played 3 games - not sure if teams that went further got more issued.