Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What's your favorite "common" jersey in your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
    All my shirts are "commons" i have most types from the 70s-80s.. always washed and worn out and about...how do you decide which side of a jersey to frame?...
    "It's the name on the front of the jersey that matters most, not the one on the back." ~Joe Paterno

Growing up in Tacoma I watched Lyman Bostock and Sergio Ferrer play in AAA. Bostock was always very friendly as was Ferrer. Ferrer was for some reason an absolute favorite of mine. I was 10 when I first saw him play. He couldn't hit a lick but he sure could pick it. I loved watching him take pregame. I remember trading a Bostock autograph for Ferrer's. That autograph was the centerpiece of my collection at the time. About ten years ago I managed to finally pick up one of his jerseys. Not a Tacoma or Mets Jersey but now that I am rapidly approaching 50 his Senior league jersey seems to be a fitting addition to my collection. Certainly not a valuable piece but it evokes rich memories for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bob Owchinko Late 70's Indians Jersey

Just a cool classic 70's style jersey. In addition, the neat thing about this particular jersey is the name was replaced...the outline of the fomer name is easy to read... Eckersley!

Re: Bob Owchinko Late 70's Indians Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by misteremu View Post
    Just a cool classic 70's style jersey. In addition, the neat thing about this particular jersey is the name was replaced...the outline of the fomer name is easy to read... Eckersley!
    Eh? A 1978 Eckersley Indians jersey? Get out of here, you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND33 View Post
    The "SHORTEST" (Bogues) and the "TALLEST" (Bol and Muresan) players in NBA history
    www.houseofbasket.com
    I really want that Bogues jersey. Love him. Awesome jersey.

i also have the white and the red Manute Bol (Bullets) warm up, the red Bogues (Bullets) warm up, Bogues Charlotte practice jersey and shoes and the Muresan white jersey (Bullets)
    www.houseofbasket.com

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND33 View Post
    i also have the white and the red Manute Bol (Bullets) warm up, the red Bogues (Bullets) warm up, Bogues Charlotte practice jersey and shoes and the Muresan white jersey (Bullets)
    www.houseofbasket.com
    Ever want to sell anything Bogues, let me know. Although I am sure they are probably locked in your collection. Thanks.

My favorite common would be my Boston Red Sox Chad Bradford road jersey. This guy was fun to watch pitch. He had a unique style and would almost drag the ground with his pitching hand when throwing.

- CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

99 Bill Pulsipher Milwaukee Brewers

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

My 2011 #1 Brent Johnson Home Set 2. It's the jersey he wore when he knocked out Rick DiPietro and he only played in 1 game in the black home jerseys during the second half of the season (but was the backup for every other black jersey home game and saw no ice time). He had a perfect 0.00 Goals Against Average, blocked 28/28 shots in this jersey, and had a rare goalie fight and even rarer goalie fight T.K.O. The jersey worn during this game started the 2/11/11 joke that resulted in 65 penalties, 346 penalty minutes, 10 ejections.

Name:  bj.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  41.2 KB