Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

OK, with the all-star game just around the corner....heres some baseballs from the tigers home run derby players..all mlb authenticated. Top row is Pudge Rodriguez from 2005, center is Magglio Ordonez from 2007 & top right is Brandon Inge 2009, bottom row is pudges & maggs gold balls from respective years!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Added another favorite former Tiger of mine, Tony Phillips. He certainly had some great years on some terrible Tigers teams in the early to mid-90s. This is a Cooper C243-S with a handle crack that dates to 90-92.

Nice Phillips bat...he sure did have some good years. If those tigers teams had any pitching, they would have done OK, they could score some runs!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

The Tigers just sent out an e-mail with the list of what they got from their road trip. Like I said, if anybody gets anything off that list, I can shoot over full-res images for photomatching. If the Guillen bat they're selling is cracked/broken, that I have that photomatched. I know I got a few shots of Guillen's bat breaking. I was assuming Marc would've ended up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    The Tigers just sent out an e-mail with the list of what they got from their road trip. Like I said, if anybody gets anything off that list, I can shoot over full-res images for photomatching. If the Guillen bat they're selling is cracked/broken, that I have that photomatched. I know I got a few shots of Guillen's bat breaking. I was assuming Marc would've ended up with it.
    Thanks for the offer Kyle! I would love to buy that Guillen bat, but when his bats barely bring $50 on eBay, I can't justify dropping $150 even if it is MLB authenticated.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdale View Post
    OK, with the all-star game just around the corner....heres some baseballs from the tigers home run derby players..all mlb authenticated. Top row is Pudge Rodriguez from 2005, center is Magglio Ordonez from 2007 & top right is Brandon Inge 2009, bottom row is pudges & maggs gold balls from respective years!!
    Very cool collection.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010
    Orioles at Tigers

Magglio Ordonez used what appeared to be an Ivan Rodriguez LVS P72 in the first inning when he grounded out to second to pick up an RBI.

Pudge must have left a lot of lumber behind in Detroit since he hasn't played for the Tigers since July 30, 2008. Did anybody else see this or happen to get a screenshot?

These aren't recent pickups but I was digging through stuff I had in the basement and I think both of these guys are making nice contributions this year.... so I thought I would share. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Thanks a lot
    Josh

Tigerdale,

You might want to take that bosch bat out and not have it "just lying around." haha nice bat.

-Tony

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010
    Orioles at Tigers

Magglio Ordonez used what appeared to be an Ivan Rodriguez LVS P72 in the first inning when he grounded out to second to pick up an RBI.

Pudge must have left a lot of lumber behind in Detroit since he hasn't played for the Tigers since July 30, 2008. Did anybody else see this or happen to get a screenshot?
    According to Marc Himelstein in one the emails he sent out last year,

At the end of the 2008 season, I cleared the clubhouse of all remaining Pudge bats. ... As I went through the bats the other day, I pulled out one dozen nice Marucci bats. These were a rare find considering the amount of bats he left behind.

If a dozen of a bat is "rare", he must have left many more than that. I would assume that between Rodriguez being traded and the end of the season when Marc collected the remaining lumber, many of the other players took some it it.

Also, Rodriguez "left behind a box of cleats after he was traded".