Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Just Curious what the Average Age of a Collector is and How many years have you been collecting Game Used?

I am 24, and have been collecting game used items for about 3 years now. Like many others, it all started with cards and autographs years ago.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Re: Just Curious what the Average Age of a Collector is and How many years have you been collecting Game Used?

13 years old. Been collecting game used for 2 years. Have collected baseball cards since i was 6 years old

ManRam....13 years old! Now thats COOL!

When I was 13, I was delivering papers for 2 Bucks a week!

You are wheeling and dealing on $300 Bats!

You have a very Bright Future Ahead of you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    ManRam....13 years old! Now thats COOL!

When I was 13, I was delivering papers for 2 Bucks a week!

You are wheeling and dealing on $300 Bats!

You have a very Bright Future Ahead of you!!!!
    Thanks. Although the parents aren't always glad about the $250 or $300 purchases

I'm 29, started almost 2 years ago.

Thankfully the only thing I can get myself to spend any dollars on these days is a nice Manny bat. Hope it stays that way for my own good!

I'm 38. Been collecting cards since I was 8. Owned a shop once, partner and I sold it when we both had to get 'real' jobs as we were both recently married and starting families...

Got my first game used bat when I was 15, Andy Van Slyke Rookie bat from the Cardinals. I was fortunate enough to do some promotional work for Kissimmee Sticks when I was in college and that allowed me to acquire some neat stuff, most of which I sold during that time, because, as I said, I was in college!

Someone on here mentioned that Juan Gonzalez was the first bat they ever got. Brought back some memories as we got to know Juan, Pudge Rodriguez, and some of the other Rangers pretty good as several of them swung Kissimmee Sticks for awhile during 93-94.

Thanks for creating this topic, it's been cool reading all of the posts!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    13 years old. Been collecting game used for 2 years. Have collected baseball cards since i was 6 years old
    13!! WOW I would of never thought it.

Banned

Well Im 29 and I have been collecting since i attented my first SoxFest about 15 years ago i think. Im so old I cant even remomber LOL.
    But back then they where pretty much given stuff away.

32, been collecting game used since '05...autographs and cards since I was 12 yrs old...

43, been collecting game-used on and off since 1978, autographs since 1976, and baseball cards since 1974. Padres fan since 1974.