Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Old Louisville slugger decal bats circa 1911-1916

The Collins is in very poor shape and probably won't get over $100.
    Based on what I have come accross in my research on conversations with highly regarding experts in the field the Tris is worth much more than $500.

I know it's worth more than $500 thats why i put $500+.

The bats all look in great condition aside from the Collins decal. Length of the bats also help to determine value, typically the longer the more valuable, all else being equal. Are you looking to sell?
    If so, drop me a note. mm7dj75@hotmail.com
    thanks

I would strongly suggest being careful with decal bats. I have seen a load of fakes turn up in the past 3 years or so. You should post those images on the vintage card collectors site. You will get a lot better info there for this particular topic. I know they have had discussions on this before.

Chris
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by staindsox View Post
    I would strongly suggest being careful with decal bats. I have seen a load of fakes turn up in the past 3 years or so. You should post those images on the vintage card collectors site. You will get a lot better info there for this particular topic. I know they have had discussions on this before.

Chris

Very good point Chris. A lot of decal bats have been restored as well, which can be nice, just aint my cup of tea.

So if the decal looks super nice, you really need to check it closely for a restoration job too.

Decals look legit and no signs of apparent restoration, but you should always be careful. I'd also be interested in them if you have any interest in selling.
    Thanks
    Matt
    Bub13@aol.com

The reason I said to post on the card site was because that Baker looks really really suspect to me. Completely perfect decal bats go for several thousand. If it were legit, a big auction house would happily take it. I own two decal bats, one mini and one full sized. They are both really good examples, but the decals are quite fragile, which is why it is quite rare to find a completely in-tact decal. I could be wrong, be that Baker really doesn't look right to me. Just post on the vintage card site. Those guys will help you out.
    Always looking for Jack Hannahan or St. Paul Saints gamers:

www.jackhannahan.webs.com

I do not have any plans on selling at this moment. I did get in contact with Dave Bushing and asked him to take a look. Based on where I got them, the story behind them and some other items such as cards from 1909 and that era I am positive that these have not been restored and Dave Bushing was positive that they were 100% genuine.

I have thought about it and I am open to offers. You can e-mail offers to mg558@aol.com

I do have high quality pictures that can be zoomed in on quite a bit without losing pic quality. They are about 2.5 mb each.