Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Harper starting his cockiness

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-wp8753

What happened to all these storys about Harper being a nice kid and all. He's only in Single-A and he's already starting to show up pitchers and the game of baseball. Could he stand and watch that homerun ball any longer, and then later blowing a kissing to the pitcher. In the majors if he did that, his next at-bat he would be hitting the dirt... What a joke...

And whats up with his mustache?

Banned

Re: Harper starting his cockiness

Many big league players like to stand and watch the ball when they hit a homerun.
    Many pitchers yell and pump their fist when they get an out.

The pitcher cussed him as he was rounding the bases. Harper blew him a kiss as he crossed home.

Harper, who is 18, didn't start a fight or cuss back. He puckered up his lips.

But lets not let fact get in the way of your prejudice.

Yeah he got cussed at because he was standing there and watching the ball leave the park. And Yes some major league players do and alot of them get looked at as showing them up, same when pitchers get out of hand sometimes.

And even if the pitcher was cussing at him, he should not be blowing kisses at the pitcher when it's his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    Many big league players like to stand and watch the ball when they hit a homerun.
    Many pitchers yell and pump their fist when they get an out.

The pitcher cussed him as he was rounding the bases. Harper blew him a kiss as he crossed home.

Harper, who is 18, didn't start a fight or cuss back. He puckered up his lips.

But lets not let fact get in the way of your prejudice.
    Reread the article and no where does it say the pitcher was cussing at him. So how about you check your facts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    Reread the article and no where does it say the pitcher was cussing at him. So how about you check your facts.
    I never said I read that in the article. People I know that were at the game saide you could hear the pitcher from the stands.

I love how people expect Harper to be the next Jesus Christ when that is impossible.

Just because a person claims to believe in God does not make them perfect.

Your own rant is worse than what he did.

Haha... My "rant", you're a funny guy. All I did was posted the article and expressed how it went against what alot of people hear have said about him. Referring to he's nothing but a nice kid and great role model,etc. Role models dont do these acts and I don't expect him to be Jesus at all...

Banned

Yeah, you just posted an article, didnt rag on a teenager at all.

And I don't know anyone that thinks of him as a role model. Where did you get that idea?

Jealous much?

yeah, when i heard about it on KNBR (Bay Area Sports Talk Station) ... I was "WHAT ALREADY, He's Only 18 !! DUMB,"

Everything I have heard/read about Bryce is he is cocky. This is not a revelation to anyone who has followed him the past few years. He is an extremely talented kid who has been hounded by the media, agents, etc. for years. I dig his passion and find the uproar over a single A game laughable. The fact it is such a big story is testament to the expectations everyone has put on him. So far he is living up to all of them.
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

Show me any 18 year old that isn't cocky??? I'd actually expect Harper to mature over his career.