Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

October pick-ups

Manny Ramirez 2009 Nike bat

It's hard to see in the photos, but the barrel shows great use with a number of deep ball stitch impressions, ink transfers, leather ball marks and heavy tar to the Nike logo and mid handle area. The knob is stamped 5/13/09

I have style matched the bat to his comeback in July after his suspension and I'm currently working on a photo match.

Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: October pick-ups

Benny Agbayani game worn Tides cap and signed 1999 Mets pants.

These were given to me by one of the nicest guys here on the forum and in the Hawaiian islands, Ron (Islandstyle).

This is my first game used cap and baseball pants in my collection and I want to say "thank you Ron" for these rare Benny items.

Ron has given me the opportunity to purchase some really nice GU Benny items over the last few months and he is one classy gentleman as those of you who have dealt with him already know.

Thanks again Ron!

Bobby

Hi, Bobby.

Thanks for the kind words!

I'm so glad that you liked the Benny cap and pants! I found the cap while searching through my collection and thought it would be a nice addition to your Tides jersey.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

I should have posted this in the September Pick-Ups, but I never got around to it.

2007 Brian Urlacher Game Used - Signed - Nike Assassin Cleats.

I searched all of the preseason and regular season game footage from '07 & '08 and the only pic(s) I could find with Brian wearing these cleats was from 9/14/2008 @ Carolina.

These are not Brian's signature Blade Pro D style cleats leading me to believe they were a trial pair and from what I found, only worn once.

Here's a couple more of my latest pick-ups.

Devin Hester Game Used gloves
    Devin Hester Game Used gloves
    Matt Forte Game Used Gloves - Signed & Photomatched (8/30/09)
    Brian Urlacher Game Used gloves ('05)

Think I got the whole photo thing down now! Here is a nice Jeter I recently picked up.

Here is a nice Pedroia photomatched WBC bat recently acquired.

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    Manny Ramirez 2009 Nike bat

It's hard to see in the photos, but the barrel shows great use with a number of deep ball stitch impressions, ink transfers, leather ball marks and heavy tar to the Nike logo and mid handle area. The knob is stamped 5/13/09

I have style matched the bat to his comeback in July after his suspension and I'm currently working on a photo match.

Bobby
    Excellent bat!! (usual jealously toward Bobby sets in...)

Just received my Bobby Joe Mason Harlem Globetrotters jersey from the recent Grey Flannel auction. I don't know if I'd call this a "grail," but it's something I always wanted and never thought I'd find. Mason was a standout for the Centralia (IL) Orphans (my high school) and for Bradley University in the 1950s. He joined the Globetrotters the year I was born and played with them until 1976. When I think of the Globetrotters, I always think of the team with Meadowlark Lemon, Curly Neal, Geese Ausbie, Marques Haynes and Bobby Joe. This one's a keeper.

Not game used, but these came today: