If they bid and don't pay, NFL Auctions should ban their username, ip address, credit card, phone number and whatever else they can to avoid them coming back with different info.

It's almost like they don't care if they don't get paid. Makes no sense business wise and I thought they were supposed to be smart over at the NFL. The only way it makes sense is that if they have done analysis showing that the boost they get in prices offsets the nonpaying bidders. I doubt that they have done this, and I doubt that analysis would prove they get more money the way they let people repeat after not paying.

Another option would be for them to have a policy where the non-paying bidder's bids are automatically thown out and second place wins. Of course this would change the dynamics of the bidding while it is happening (i.e. if I see something ALREADY higher than what it's worth I simply wouldn't bid). Plus they'd have to chase after the second place guy which probably wouldn't pay off.

Besides pissing money away, NFL (Auctions) is pissing off serious bidders. Times are tough and it's insulting to see them doing things this way.

dyna

PS I hope they do have a spy here.