Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question ebay auction cancellation's

i was wondering what you guy's think of seller's who end ebay auction's early, just to sell item's outside of ebay to member's of this forum! since we are all hear to look out for each other and the collecting community. to keep thing's on the up and up, promote honesty in the hobby and to help weed out some of the shady practice's that go on in our hobby. i would like to here from the member's hear who have done it, i know who you are! and what reason's you have for doing so,since it's against ebay rules!. and if the parties are caught, who should be held more accountable "seller" or "buyer" since they are both member's who agree'd to follow the rules!

Re: ebay auction cancellation's

Are we referring to the Beautiful Jose Canseco Sam Bat? I received an email this morning stating my bid was cancelled .....

yes! among many other's. over half of the item's i bid on are ended by seller, and then they seem to alway's show up here!

I know what you mean , I was watching a nice Ben Zobrist bat and was waiting to bid ....then poof ...it was gone ....

the same seller I got my McClung glove from , he ended the glove early too....

seller saves money on fees.... i guess....

Yes, that was a nice SAM bat. I would have like to had it also since I think his SAM bats are the best looking. Did anyone here get it? I had one like it once but I let it go like a moron. Hey camarokids, did you get a chance to see my Canseco bat collection on another thread. I know you had interest in it before. I have a couple of Devil Ray bats. Let me know what you think. I have been guilty in the past of getting people to end auctions early. I will step up and admit it. I guess I just see something I want really bad and I want to make sure I beat someone else to the punch. I almost feel like I have to do it sometimes just to beat someone else that I know is going to do it. Anyone else want to step up and admit it.

Todd

yeah it's a shame to watch in antisipation on winning an item and like you said poof! it's gone. what i don't understand is the people that are doing this have deep pocket's, so why not let it run? who do you think is ultimately more to blame. that is the main question i have. the seller for thinking this offer won't be topped, or the buyer for initiating the off ebay transaction! or are they worried that there offer might not win the auction, or it might cut in to there profit if there only buying to flip it.

good for you canseco44! i appreciate your honesty! i already knew (bp) bat. i think you hit it on the head with your remark that you feel that you almost have to beat someone else to the punch. this is the problem!and it's becomeing a everyday practice on ebay for seller's to undermine collector's, just to ultimately sell it to often the same person who was interested in it befor except at an inflated price! how many of us here have looked for a certain item to go in our collection's, waited and waited then it got ended early just to buy it here from a forum member for more money?

My thoughts......I do it every chance I get. If I can make a seller a mutually agreeable offer for something he's selling and he ends the auction early, it's a beautiful thing. I'm a very aggressive buyer and when I see something I want I do whatever it takes to make sure the deal goes down. There's nothing better than snagging an item early, foregoing the lengthy auction process, keeping a bunch of amateurs from bidding up your item while you watch your money get eaten up daily, and the best thing.....ebay gets beaten out of the fees. LOVE....IT.
    And it happens to me plenty, too. I bid on things that just....POOF....disappear. Oh well. I just say, "what the hell, somebody beat me to it again".
    If you can convince a seller to end an auction early, by all means make it happen. You'll love the feeling and the only losers in the situation are the guys who didn't think the item was worth enough to make an offer themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    My thoughts......I do it every chance I get. If I can make a seller a mutually agreeable offer for something he's selling and he ends the auction early, it's a beautiful thing. I'm a very aggressive buyer and when I see something I want I do whatever it takes to make sure the deal goes down. There's nothing better than snagging an item early, foregoing the lengthy auction process, keeping a bunch of amateurs from bidding up your item while you watch your money get eaten up daily, and the best thing.....ebay gets beaten out of the fees. LOVE....IT.
    And it happens to me plenty, too. I bid on things that just....POOF....disappear. Oh well. I just say, "what the hell, somebody beat me to it again".
    If you can convince a seller to end an auction early, by all means make it happen. You'll love the feeling and the only losers in the situation are the guys who didn't think the item was worth enough to make an offer themselves.

I agree w/ you , I admit I have tried to make offers b4 , sometimes accepted , some not . I was thinking of making an offer on the Canseco but didn't...

I just chalk it up as not meant to be ....

Hi Todd , very nice collection , I'm jealous , I have meant to post...

wow! so forget the rules! it's dog eat dog and the dog that can't go the distance for the prize is the winner? and it's something that you admit you enjoy beating people out of a chance at adding something to the collection the good o'le fashioned way (the honest way! ) and love to swindle money out of a bussiness. even if it is ebay. wow!